|Penélope Cruz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 28, 1974|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Penélope Cruz Sánchez
She was named after the song Penélope by Spanish musician Joan Manuel Serrat.
Madonna of Madrid, Pe
Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain
She learned theater at Cristina Rota’s New York school for four years. Penelope also studied ballet dancing from this school for three years. She had also practiced ballet at Spain’s National Conservatory for nine years.
- Father – Eduardo Cruz (Retailer and auto mechanic)
- Mother – Encarna Sánchez (Hairdresser and personal manager)
- Siblings – Eduardo Cruz (Younger Brother) (Singer), Mónica Cruz (Younger Sister) (Actress)
She is signed with different agencies in different countries.
- USA – Cruz is signed to Untitled Entertainment in the U.S. and is managed by agent Jason Weinberg.
- Europe – In Europe, she is managed by Katrina Bayonis of Kuranda Management International
She is also signed to Brandt Joel of Creative Artists Agency.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Penelope Cruz dated –
- Matt Damon (2000) – All the Pretty Horses (2000) co-stars were RUMORed to be dating in the past in the year 2000.
- Tom Cruise (2001-2004) – After appearing in the 2001 movie Vanilla Sky, the two stars started dating in June 2001. They split amicably in January 2004 after dating for roughly three years.
- Johnny Depp (2002) – The two actors were RUMORed to having a fling in 2002.
- Matthew McConaughey (2005-2006) – After starring together and romancing ON screen in the 2005 movie Sahara, the actors took their romance OFF screen in February 2005. In June 2006, they split after citing the busy schedule as the reason.
- Orlando Bloom (2006) – Penelope was RUMORed to be dating English actor Orlando Bloom from June 2006 until October 7, 2006.
- Josh Hartnett (2007) – From March 2007 to June 2007, the two actors were RUMORed to be romantically linked to each other.
- Javier Bardem (2007-Present) – Javier and Penelope started dating each other in November 2007. The two Spanish actors met on the set of 1992 movie Jamón, jamón and after about three years of dating, they married in July 2010 in a private ceremony in The Bahamas. Cruz gave birth to her first child, a son named Leonardo in January 2011, and then in July 2013, she gave birth to another child, named, Luna.
Race / Ethnicity
35-27-35 in or 89-69-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
6.5 (US) or 37 (EU) or 4 (UK)
Cruz has appeared in several television commercials. The list is as –
- Freixenet Cava (1994, 2001)
- Ralph Lauren Glamourous (2001-2002)
- Lux Super Rich (Japan) (2002)
- Coca-Cola (2003)
- The ONE Campaign (2005)
- L’Oreal hairspray (2009)
- Nespresso (2012)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (2012)
Penelope has also appeared in print ads of –
- Sean by Sean Combs clothing line
- L’Oreal Paris’ Natural Match Color-Calibrated Creme (2006-2007)
- L’Oréal Elvital (2006)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Endless 8-Hour Lip Color (2007)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Telescopic Mascara (2007-2008)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Bare Naturale makeup collection (2007-2008)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Dermo Expertise skincare products (2007)
- L’Oreal Elnett Satin” hairspray (2008)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Bare Naturale mascara (2008)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Vive Pro hydra gloss shampoo & conditioner (2008-2009)
- Tresor Perfume by Lancome (2010, 2012)
- L’Oreal Paris’ Vive Pro glossy style mousse & spray gel (2009)
Best Known For
Playing Italia in the 2004 movie Don’t Move, as Raimunda in the 2006 movie Volver, as Maria Elena in the 2008 movie Vicky Cristina Barcelona.
Cruz debuted with the 1992 Spanish comedy/drama film Jamón, jamón (pronounced as Ham, Ham in English) for her role as Silvia.
Penelope takes help from personal trainer Jackie Keller.
Jessica suggests doing at least three days of exercises in a week and make sure you do work on each and every part of your body in a week.
Maintain a healthy relationship with your body and eat a balanced diet.
She has a flexible body and has practiced ballet dancing for twelve years.
Penélope Cruz Favorite Things
- Food – In-N-Out’s burgers and fries
- Fashion Labels – Azzedine Alaïa, Dolce & Gabbana, Giorgio Armani, John Galliano, Karl Lagerfeld, L’Wren Scott
- Beauty Products – Lancôme’s Trésor
- Places – Anahi Restaurant in Paris, Mandarin Oriental in New York
Source – Harper’s Bazaar
Penélope Cruz Facts
- In 2010, she was chosen as Lancome’s third spokesmodel after Julia Roberts and Kate Winslet.
- She is good friends with American actress Gwyneth Paltrow and Spanish director Pedro Almodóvar.
- She receives $2 million a year for her work with the French cosmetics company L’Oreal.
- In her childhood, she focused on her dancing only. She never thought of becoming an actress until she watched the film Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!
- She has practiced classical ballet for continuous nine years at Spain’s National Conservatory.
- Cruz now co-owns a clothing store with her younger sister Monica in her hometown in Madrid, Spain in which she sells clothes of her own clothing line.
- She likes chewing gum in cinnamon or strawberry.
- In 2013, Cruz was given the title of Hottest Celebrity Body of the year by Fitness Magazine.
- In 2014, she was named as Esquire’s Sexiest Woman Alive.
- She is the founder of Sabera Foundation, a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO).
- She has done charity work and donated money in Nepal, Uganda, and India.
- Penelope also appeared in PETA’s anti-fur campaign in 2012.
- She also likes to keep homeless cats.
- During the 2021 Venice Film Festival, Penelope won the “Best Actress” award for her work in the drama film, Parallel Mothers.
- In February 2022, Penelope appeared on the cover of Vanity Fair‘s 28th annual Hollywood issue.
- In March 2022, Penelope was honored with the “Montecito Award” at the 2022 Santa Barbara International Film Festival.