|Simon Pegg Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 14, 1970|
Simon Pegg is an English actor, comedian, screenwriter, and producer who rose to prominence in the United Kingdom as the writer and co-creator of the sitcom titled Spaced (1999-2001). He came to be recognized globally after starring in the comedic anthology series known as the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy which includes the movies Shaun of the Dead (2004), Hot Fuzz (2007), and The World’s End (2013). He is one of the very few actors to have achieved the so-called ‘Holy Grail of Nerd-dom’ having played The Editor in Doctor Who (2005), Montgomery “Scotty” Scott in Star Trek (2009), Star Trek Into Darkness (2013), and Star Trek Beyond (2016); and Unkar Plutt in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015). Simon has also become an integral member of the Mission: Impossible film series having portrayed Benji Dunn in Mission: Impossible III (2006), Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011), Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation (2015), Mission: Impossible – Fallout (2018), and Mission: Impossible 7 (2021).
Simon John Beckingham
Six-Pack Pegg, The Fresh Pegg
Brockworth, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, United Kingdom
Crouch End, Haringey, London, England, United Kingdom
Simon had studied at the Castle Hill Primary School in Brockworth and The King’s School, Gloucester. At the age of 16, he joined Stratford-upon-Avon College in Warwickshire where he studied English Literature and Theatre. He eventually graduated from the University of Bristol in 1991 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre, Film, and Television.
Actor, Comedian, Screenwriter, Producer
- Father – John Henry Beckingham (Jazz Musician, Keyboard Salesman)
- Mother – Gillian Rosemary (née Smith) (Former Civil Servant)
- Siblings – Mike Beckingham (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Richard Pegg (Step-father), Katy Pegg (Half-Sister), Frederick John Beckingham (Paternal Grandfather), Irene Minnie Faulkner (Paternal Grandmother), Albert Edward Smith (Maternal Grandfather), Beatrice Emma Turner (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Simon has dated –
- Maureen McCann (2005–Present) – Simon got married to music industry publicist Maureen McCann on July 23, 2005. They have a daughter together named Matilda (b. 2009).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English and distant Welsh descent.
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Has tattoos on both his arms and shoulders
- Sports a beard
- Side-parted, back-combed hair
Simon has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Lenor fabric softener (Voice-over)
- Buttercup cough syrup (1995)
- Gilette (2005) (Voice-over)
- Dementia UK (2014)
Simon Pegg Facts
- Simon’s parents got divorced when he was 7 years old. He took the surname of his stepfather (Pegg) in place of his biological father’s last name.
- He reprised his role of Montgomery “Scotty” Scott in the 2013 video game Star Trek and voiced Dengar in the 2016 video game Star Wars Battlefront: Bespin.
- For his work in the 2004 horror-comedy film Shaun of the Dead, he won the Bram Stoker Award for ‘Best Screenplay’, the British Independent Film Award for ‘Best Screenplay’, and the annual Peter Sellers Award for Comedy.
- He is the godfather to musician Chris Martin and actress Gwyneth Paltrow‘s daughter named Apple Martin. Chris, in return, is the godfather to Simon’s daughter Matilda. Simon is also a close friend of actor Martin Freeman and godfather to his son named Joe.
Featured Image by Simon Pegg / Instagram