|Callum Wilson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 27, 1992|
Callum Wilson has successfully managed to overcome his poverty riddled childhood to become an established English Top Flight player. Earlier in his career, he had to overcome indiscipline and also had to knuckle down to break into the Coventry City main squad. After his storming performances in the League One in the 2013-14 season, he was signed by Bournemouth to help them gain promotion. He delivered the goals in his first season and helped Bournemouth to climb out of Championship. However, Wilson’s solid performances in the Premier League have been limited by twin cruciate ligament injuries. However, whenever he is fit, he has shown how much value he can add to his significant team.
Callum Eddie Graham Wilson
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
Callum Wilson got his early soccer training at the youth academy of Coventry City.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – His father left the family when Callum was a baby.
- Mother – He was raised by his mother.
- Siblings – He has 5 younger siblings which include 2 sisters and 3 brothers.
Callum Wilson is represented by Unique Sports Management.
40, 32, 28, 20 – Coventry City
13 – AFC Bournemouth
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Callum Wilson has dated –
- Stacey Wilson (2016-Present) – In the summer of 2016, Callum Wilson got married to his longtime girlfriend, Stacey. He started dating her when he was 17 years old and she was 19. He has often credited her for making a huge mark on his professional career by turning around his bad eating habits. Before he started living with her, Callum used to eat junk food very frequently but Stacey introduced him to salads and other healthy foods which eventually resolved his injury problems. Over the course of their relationship, Stacey has given birth to a girl and a boy named Ortise.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Jamaican ancestry on his father’s side.
Callum Wilson has inked an endorsement deal with the sportswear brand, Nike. He is required to wear Nike footwear for his professional matches.
Best Known For
His strong performances for AFC Bournemouth in the English top flight. Since the club’s promotion to the top flight in 2015, he has been the main component of the South Coast team’s attack.
First Soccer Match
In August 2009, he made his professional debut with Coventry City in a League Cup match against Hartlepool United. He was sent in as a substitute in the 2nd half in his side’s 1-0 defeat.
In August 2014, Wilson made his first appearance for AFC Bournemouth in his club’s first match of the new Championship season. He scored 2 goals in the match, against Huddersfield Town, which ended in a 4-0 win.
First TV Show
In 2018, Callum Wilson made his first TV show appearance in Behind the Scenes at Bournemouth episode of the sports show, The Premier League Show.
- Hold Up Play
- Attacking Movement
- Aerial Ability
- Injury Problems
- Offside Awareness
Callum Wilson Facts
- His first stint with Coventry City youth setup didn’t last long as he got tired of being given lifts to the training facilities by his family, friends, and teammates. He eventually decided to return to the Sunday team.
- He decided to go for another trial at Coventry City at the age of 12. However, he again didn’t like it at the academy and headed back to the Sunday League team.
- When he went in for the 3rd time, he knew that he would have to make things work out at Coventry City if he wanted to become a professional soccer player. He still had to rely on lifts from other people to reach the training ground.
- While studying in high school, he used to participate in hurdles and 100-meter race events.
- During his teens, Callum Wilson also tried his hand at kickboxing for a couple of years. He had participated in about 3 fights and managed to win all the 3 bouts.
- He wears ’13’ number shirt because a lot of great things have happened in his life on the particular date. He passed his theory test and driving test on 13th and his son was also due on the same date.
- In March 2010, he signed his first professional contract with Coventry City. In the same month, he won the national award for apprentice of the month. He became the first Coventry City youth teamer to have won the award.
- He got his first big breakthrough in the 2013-14 season at Coventry City as he played 37 matches and managed to score 21 goals in those matches. He was included in the League One PFA Team Of The Year.
- At the end of 2013-14 season, he was given the Top Goalscorer award by his club. He was also voted for the Player’s Player award by his teammates as well as voted for the Player of the Season award by the club fans.
- In a bid to power their promotion bid, AFC Bournemouth decided to pay the reported transfer fee of around £3 million to sign Wilson from Coventry City.
- In his debut season at Bournemouth, Wilson made 45 appearances and scored 20 league goals which made him the top goalscorer of his club. The club managed to win Football League Championship and secure promotion to the Premier League.
- In August 2015, he scored his first Premier League goal in a match against West Ham United. However, he wasn’t satisfied with scoring just one goal and ended with a match hattrick.
- His promising start in Premier League was unfortunately cut short in September 2015 as he suffered anterior cruciate ligament tear in the right knee. He was ruled out for about 6 months.
- In February 2017, he went down with another ruptured anterior cruciate ligament. This time it was in the left knee and he was again ruled out for 6 months.
- In February 2018, he decided to become the patron of Leaf Charity. The charity focuses on providing support to the blood cancer patients in Hampshire and Dorset.
- Follow Callum Wilson on Twitter.
Featured Image by Callum Wilson / Instagram