|Hiroki Hasegawa Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 7, 1977|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Hiroki Hasegawa is a Japanese stage, film, and television actor. Over the years, he has been cast in shows and movies like I’m Mita, Your Housekeeper, Shin Godzilla, Sailor Suit and Machine Gun: Graduation, Princess Jellyfish, Love & Peace, Mozu, Kirin ga Kuru, Yae’s Sakura, Dating: What’s It Like to Be in Love?, Second Virgin, Lady Maiko, Suzuki Sensei, Manpuku, Soseki Natsume and his Wife, Attack on Titan, Samurai Marathon, Asian Three-Fold Mirror 2018: Journey, This Country’s Sky, Another World, and Before We Vanish.
Hiroki Hasegawa attended Chuo University, a private flagship research university in Tokyo, Japan. After graduating from the university, he trained as a stage actor at the Japanese theatre company Bungakuza.
Actor, Stage Artist, Voice Actor
Hiroki Hasegawa has been signed with Hirata Office.
6 ft or 183 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Hiroki Hasegawa is of Japanese descent.
In 2019, Hiroki Hasegawa was cast in a commercial for DoCoMo with Mackenyu Arata, Gen Hoshino, and Minami Hamabe.
Hiroki Hasegawa Facts
- He made his first film appearance by playing the character named Kō Suzuki in the 2011 drama film Second Virgin. This performance won him the 35th Japan Academy Film Prize for “Newcomer of the Year”.
- Hiroki Hasegawa was cast as Keiichi Asuda, the head of the Asuda household, in the family mystery drama television series named I am Mita, Your Housekeeper in 2011. For this role, he won the 5th Tokyo Drama Award for “Best Supporting Actor” in 2012.
- In 2012, he received the 36th Elan d’or Award in the “Newcomer of the Year” category.
- He co-starred as Noritsugu Kyono in the 2014 musical comedy film Lady Maiko.
- Alongside Yutaka Takenouchi and Satomi Ishihara, Hiroki Hasegawa co-starred as Rando Yaguchi, Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary, in the 2016 kaiju film Shin Godzilla, the 31st installment in the Godzilla franchise. This got him nominated for the 40th Japan Academy Film Prize for “Best Actor”.
- When he was offered the part in Shin Godzilla, he immediately accepted, stating, “Who wouldn’t want to be involved in a Godzilla production?”.
- He appeared as Tsukinaga in the 2016 youth drama-comedy film Sailor Suit and Machine Gun: Graduation, a “spiritual sequel” to the 1981 film Sailor Suit and Machine Gun.
- He brought to life the character of journalist Sakurai in the 2017 science fiction film Before We Vanish.
- In 2019, Hiroki Hasegawa played Itakura Katsuakira in the Japanese-British historical action-adventure film Samurai Marathon. This role got him nominated at the 44th Hochi Film Awards in the “Best Supporting Actor” category.
- From 2020 to 2021, Hiroki Hasegawa portrayed the character of Akechi “Jūbei” Mitsuhide, a Japanese samurai general of the Sengoku period best known as the assassin of Oda Nobunaga, in the historical drama television series Kirin ga Kuru. His performance in the show won him the 24th Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix for “Best Actor”.
Featured Image by Dick Thomas Johnson / Flickr / CC BY 2.0