|Wolfgang Gartner Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1982|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
Wolfgang Gartner is an American DJ and music producer who rose to fame after several of his songs held the number 1 position on the Beatport Top 10 Chart. The electronic musician launched a music label named Kindergarten Records. He also released an Ultra Records album called Weekend in America in 2011 and in the same year he was nominated for multiple International Dance Music Awards.
Joseph Thomas Youngman
Mario Fabriani, Joey, Wolfgang Gartner
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
DJ, Music Producer
He is represented by Celebrity Talent International.
House, Electro House, Progressive House, Complextro, Future Funk
- Ministry Of Sound UK
- Om Records
- Spinnin Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Race / Ethnicity
Light Brown (Natural)
- Tattoo on his right arm
- Prominent Adam’s apple
- Sharp features
- Cleft chin
Wolfgang Gartner Favorite Things
- Fun Dinner – Whipped peanut butter over a bed of caked rice
- Dish – Potato omelet sandwich
- Character On TV – Kramer
- Shoe Brand – Puma
Source – Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram
Wolfgang Gartner Facts
- He started as a bedroom DJ when he was 13 years old. At the age of 16, he had proper turntables and he was fit to start playing at the local clubs and house parties in his humble town of San Luis Obispo in California.
- Before he finally settled with Wolfgang Gartner, he had numerous aliases such as Bosco & Terell, Count Funkula, Frequent Flyers, Girth, The, Mario Fabriani, Spyro Pappadopoulos, W. Gartner, Wolfgang Gardner, Wolfgang Garttner, and Wolfgang Gärtner. He has been criticized for his multiple attempts at name changes for trying to sound more European. However, Wolfgang himself has stated that he wanted to have a different name for all the styles of music that he was creating which ranged from tech-house to electro and he wanted to make handsome earnings without enraging his fans by being inconsistent.
- He coined the Wolfgang Gartner name in late 1999 after proving to be a successful name as a deep house DJ. The reason for his new name was that he did not want to be criticized for such a sudden change in style and so he created the name anonymously. His identity was made public only in July 2008.
- Youngman took the name Wolfgang Gartner from the Cal Poly Mustangs men’s soccer team’s coach.
- He has disclosed that he was too shy or perhaps too proud to have thought of taking help or looking for a mentor to guide him and had taught himself everything from the first day. He has lamented that if he had a teacher, he could have attained success much earlier.
- Wolfgang has contended the widely held notion that talent is inherent and genetic. He has stated that it can be learned almost entirely, with no prior disposition to it. He has stated that he had learned to become a confident frontman through years of practice and a few uncomfortable experiences.
Featured Image by Wolfgang Gartner / Instagram