|Guy Torry Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 5, 1969|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Guy Torry is an American actor, comedian, host, writer, producer, and director who is best known for his appearance as Lamont in American History X (1998), Dolen in Don’t Say a Word (2001), Eddie Weese in Runaway Jury (2003), and Teeny Mayfield in Pearl Harbor (2001). Guy also has a huge fan base with more than 50k followers on Twitter, more than 50k followers on Facebook, and more than 60k followers on Instagram.
Fort Ord Military Base in California, United States
Los Angeles, Califonia, United States
Guy studied at Southeast Missouri State University.
Actor, Comedian, Writer, Host, Producer, Director
- Mother – Rebecca Torry
- Siblings – Joe Torry (Older Brother) (Actor, Comedian), Ramon Torry (Brother), Roberta McWoods (Older Sister). He has 3 other siblings.
- Others – Kameron Torry (Niece), Joseph Torry II (Nephew), Chrystal Benson (Sister-In-Law)
Guy is represented by Tamra Goins of Innovative Artists Agency.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Guy Torry has dated –
- Monica Askew (2001-2008) – Guy proposed to his then-girlfriend Monica Askew while on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on June 6, 2001. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, the couple’s relationship ended in 2008.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Clean shaved head
- Wears a hat most of the time
- He enjoys smoking his cigars.
- Dimpled cheeks
Guy Torry Favorite Things
- Show – Family Feud
Source – Facebook
Guy Torry Facts
- His father served in the army. Hence, he was born on the Fort Ord Military Base and resided there until he was 5 years old.
- Guy’s mother Rebecca took him and his siblings to Hollis, Queens after his father who fought at Vietnam began to suffer from “post-traumatic stress disorder” upon his return from the war. Thereafter, his mother took the family and settled in St. Louis.
- Torry’s passion for comedy started when he was at university. After, having gained confidence, he shifted to Hollywood.
- Guy was 17 years old when he had started acting. A few of his earliest television appearance was on hit shows like the Martin (1995), Family Matters (1993), The X Files (2000), and Blind Justice (2005).
- It wasn’t until 1997 that he became a series regular with the short-lived comedy show Good News.
- Guy studied at the same university as comedian, actor, and show host Cedric Antonio Kyles.
- In the past, he appeared on the hit Def Jam Comedy show. It was Guy’s older brother Joe Torry who was one of the hosts.
- Guy is one of the founding members of the Kings of Comedy in Moesha. While touring with them, he wrote and created a successful comedy show titled Phat Tuesdays in 1995. The show went on for a decade before coming to an end.
- He smokes cigars from La Flor Dominicana. Besides that, he also enjoys spending time at the 2nd Street Cigar Lounge.
- Guy is close friends with Bernie Mac, Steve Harvey, Cedric the Entertainer, D.L. Hughley, Anthony Anderson, and Miguel A. Núñez Jr..
Featured Image By Guy Torry / Instagram