|Cedric the Entertainer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 24, 1964|
Cedric the Entertainer is an American actor, stand-up comedian, writer, producer, voice actor, and game show host who is best known for co-starring with Steve Harvey on The WB sitcom The Steve Harvey Show, as one of The Original Kings of Comedy, as well as for starring as Eddie Walker in the comedy-drama film Barbershop. He has also been cast in shows and movies like Madagascar, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, Barbershop 2: Back in Business, The Soul Man, Man of the House, Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events, Johnson Family Vacation, Be Cool, Intolerable Cruelty, Ride, Serving Sara, The Proud Family, The Comedy Get Down, Power, The Last O.G., Black-ish, and The Neighborhood. On July 19, 2018, Cedric received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Live Theatre at 6212 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
Cedric Antonio Kyles
Cedric the Entertainer
Jefferson City, Missouri, United States
He divides his time between –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- St.Louis, Missouri, United States
He graduated from Berkeley High School and then received a degree in communications from Southeast Missouri State University. Afterward, he majored in mass communication from the same university.
Through Cedric the Entertainer Charitable Foundation Inc., he has continued his involvement with his high school by awarding a scholarship each year to a graduating senior.
Actor, Stand-up Comedian, Writer, Producer, Voice Actor, Game Show Host
- Father – Kittrell Kyles (Employee of The Missouri Pacific Railroad)
- Mother – Rosetta (née Boyce) (Schoolteacher)
- Siblings – Sharita Kyles Wilson (Younger Sister) (Communications Professor at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California)
- Others – Kittrell Drayton Kyles, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Etta Whitehead (Paternal Grandmother)
He has been repped by Who Ced, Company, Chatsworth, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Stand-up, Television, Film
Observational Comedy, Blue Comedy, Surreal Humor, Insult Comedy
African-American Culture, Everyday Life, Human S*xuality, Pop Culture, Race Relations, Racism, Self-deprecation
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $25 Million.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Cedric the Entertainer has dated –
- Lorna Wells (1999-Present) – He got married to Lorna Wells in the year 1999 and they have been blessed with 2 children – Croix (b. 2000) and Lucky Rose (b. 2003).
Note – He also has a daughter, Tiara (b. 1990), from a previous relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Stylish hats
- Deep voice
He has been cast in TV commercials for brands such as –
Cedric the Entertainer Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Caruthersville, Missouri. After junior high school, he moved to Berkeley, Missouri.
- Cedric made his theatrical film debut as Bo in the 1998 comedy film Ride.
- He was awarded a star on the St. Louis Walk of Fame at 6166 Delmar Boulevard in St. Louis, Missouri on June 7, 2008.
- Before starting as a full-time comedian, he worked as a State Farm insurance claims adjuster and substitute high school teacher.
- Cedric is a member of Kappa Alpha Psi and in 2018, St. Louis honored him by renaming the street in front of the Kappa Alpha Psi Alumni House Cedric The Entertainer Way.
- The motto of Cedric the Entertainer Charitable Foundation Inc. is “Reaching Out…Giving Back.”
- He has been friends with Bernie Mac, Steve Harvey, D.L. Hughley, Guy Torry, Loni Love, Charles Murphy, L.J. Reynolds, George Lopez, Niecy Nash, and Eddie Griffin.
- He shares his birthday with Djimon Hounsou.
- Alongside Lucas Till, Lex Scott Davis, Lucy Hale, Jake Abel, Shamier Anderson, Julia Ormond, and Brian Dennehy, Cedric co-starred in the 2020 biographical historical drama film Son of the South, based on Bob Zellner’s autobiography titled The Wrong Side of Murder Creek: A White Southerner in the Freedom Movement.
Featured Image by Anthony Citrano / Flickr / CC BY 2.0