|Niecy Nash Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 23, 1970|
Niecy Nash is an American comedian, actress, TV host, model, and producer who is best known for portraying characters such as Deputy Raineesha Williams in the comedy TV series Reno 911! (2003–2009, 2020-Present), Lolli Ballentine in the sitcom The Soul Man (2012–2016), Didi Ortley in the comedy TV series Getting On (2013-2015), Desna Simms in the comedy-drama TV series Claws (2017-Present), and Delores Wise in the crime-drama TV mini-series Wise When They See Us (2019). She is also well recognized for her hosting of Clean House (2003–2010), a home makeover and interior design TV show, which had earned her a Daytime Emmy Award in 2010. In July 2018, she had received a ‘Star’ on the ‘Hollywood Walk of Fame’.
Carol Denise Ensley
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Niecy, after her high school graduation, had attended California State University, Dominguez Hills (Cal State Dominguez Hills), a public university in Carson, California.
Comedian, Actress, TV Host, Model, Producer
- Father – Sonny Ensley
- Mother – Margaret Ensley
- Siblings – Michael Ensley (Younger Brother) (d. 1993)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Niecy has dated –
- Don Nash (1994-2007) – Niecy had married ordained minister Don Nash on May 14, 1994, and they have 3 children together – a son named Dominic Nash (b. December 12, 1991) and 2 daughters named Donielle Nash (b. January 9, 1995) and Dia Nash (b. September 28, 2000) (Actress). After about 13 years of wedlock, the couple had parted ways in June 2007.
- Vernon Davis (2009)
- Jay Tucker (2009–2020) – Niecy had started dating Jay Tucker in August 2009 and the couple got engaged on September 4, 2010. They had even participated in a reality TV show that had followed the preparations for their wedding which eventually took place on May 28, 2011, at the Church Estate Vineyard in Malibu, California. The couple had parted ways in October 2019 and their divorce was finalized in March 2020.
- Jessica Betts (2020–Present) – She got married to singer Jessica Betts on August 29, 2020, while coming out as bisexual. In March 2021, during an appearance on Facebook Watch’s Red Table Talk, she revealed that before her relationship with Jessica, she had never been with a woman.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Curvaceous figure
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Affable smile
- Plump lips
- Radiant face
She had been featured, with her son Dominic, in 2007, in a TV commercial for WWE RAW.
Niecy Nash Facts
- She has been a long-term spokesperson of an organization known as M.A.V.I.S. (Mothers Against Violence In Schools) which was founded by her mother after the death of Niecy’s younger brother Michael, in a shooting crime in 1993, on his high school campus. The objective of the organization is to raise awareness about the scale of violence against children on school campuses in the United States.
- She had revealed in an interview that she had decided to become an actress after watching actress Lola Falana on TV when she was 5 years old.
- Before making it big in the entertainment industry, she had worked for an airline, as a reservation booking officer.
- In 2010, she had participated in the 10th season of the reality TV series Dancing with the Stars. She had eventually finished in 5th place in the competition.
- After Nick Cannon was tested positive for coronavirus, Niecy was roped in as his replacement to present the show The Masked Singer in 2021.
- In 2022, Niecy and Jessica Betts were featured on the cover of Essence magazine’s “March-April” issue. With this, they became the first-ever same-sex couple to cover the magazine.
- During the 2023 Critics Choice Awards, Niecy received the award for “Best Supporting Actress in a Limited Series” for her work in Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story.
Featured Image by Niecy Nash / Instagram