|Chiranjeevi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 22, 1955|
Chiranjeevi is an Indian actor, producer, singer, politician, and TV host, best known as one of the most prominent stars of the Telugu cinema and has appeared in more than 180 movies between 1978 and 2019. He was also a member of the Parliament of India for Andhra Pradesh between 2012 and 2018 and a Minister of Tourism between 2012 and 2014.
Konidela Siva Sankara Vara Prasad
Chiranjeevi, Chiru, Megastar, Angry Young Man, Supreme Hero
Mogalthur, West Godavari, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- New Delhi, Delhi, India
Chiranjeevi attended various schools in Mogalthur, his home village, as well as Gurajala, Bapatla, Nidadavolu, Ponnuru, and Mangalagiri. He did his Intermediate at C. S. R. Sarma College in Ongole, Andhra Pradesh, India.
He then enrolled in Sri Y N College in Narsapur, West Godavari, Andhra Pradesh, India, and graduated with a degree in commerce. After moving to Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu, India, in 1976, he joined the local Madras Film Institute to study acting.
In 2006, Chiranjeevi was awarded an honorary doctorate from Andhra University in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Singer, Politician, Actor, Producer, TV Host
- Father – He worked as a constable.
- Siblings – Nagendra Babu (Younger Brother) (Film Producer, Actor, Director), Kalyan Babu “Pawan Kalyan” Konidela (Tollywood Actor, Producer, Screenwriter, Philanthropist, Author, Political Party Founder)
- Others – Allu Ramalingaiah (Father-in-Law) (Actor), Allu Aravind (Brother-in-Law) (Film Producer), Padmaja Konidela (Sister-in-Law), Allu Arjun (Nephew) (Actor), Allu Sirish (Nephew), Varun Tej (Nephew) (Actor), Niharika Konidela (Niece) (Actress), Sai Dharam Tej (Actor), Vaishnav Tej (Nephew) (Actor)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chiranjeevi has dated –
- Surekha (Ramalingaiah) Konidela (1980-Present) – They got married on February 20, 1980, and have 2 daughters, Srija and Sushmita, the latter of whom is a costume designer, and a son named Ram Charan Teja, an actor, producer, and businessman.
Race / Ethnicity
Chiranjeevi has endorsed brands such as Emami (Navratna Oil).
He founded Chiranjeevi Charitable Trust (CCT) for Eye and Blood Donations in October 1998 and supported The International Labour Organisation against child labor in 2002.
Chiranjeevi Favorite Things
- Comedian – Charlie Chaplin
- Actor – Sean Connery
- Singer – S.P. Balasubrahmanyam
- Producer – D. Ramanaidu
Source – IMDb
- His nickname was suggested to him by his mom and it means “immortal”. It comes from the word “Chiranjivi”, which represents 7 living immortal beings in Hinduism.
- He is the co-owner of the Kerala Blasters soccer team.
- Despite Punadhirallu (Foundation Stones) (1979) being his 1st ever movie, it was released as his 7th. The 1st movie release that he was featured in was Pranam Khareedu (The Value Of Life) (1978).
- Chiranjeevi was the 1st South Indian actor to receive an invitation to the 1987 Academy Awards (Oscars).
- Between 1982 and 2011, he has won 10 Filmfare Awards in the South division for Telugu cinema. Seven of those were for “Best Actor”, as well as “Honorary Legendary Acting Career”, and “Lifetime Achievement Award”.
- In January 2006, he received a Padma Bhushan, the 3rd-highest civilian award given by India’s government.
- Between 2007 and 2017, Chiranjeevi deliberately took a break from acting to focus on politics. He founded the Praja Rajyam Party (PRP) in his home state of Andhra Pradesh in 2008.
- Starting in 2013, he started planning his comeback to the film industry as it was supposed to be his 150th movie as an actor. After he noticed the Tamil cinema movie Kaththi (2014) became highly successful, he decided to make a Telugu remake. It was released in 2017 and titled Khaidi No. 150.
- Chiranjeevi was named “International Face of Indian Cinema” at the 2014 SIIMA Awards.
Featured Image by Thiraikadal Tamil / Flickr / CC BY-2.0