|Steve Kornacki Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 22, 1979|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Steve Kornacki is an American political journalist, writer, and television host who is widely recognized for being the national political correspondent for NBC News. He has written various articles for top newspapers including The New York Observer, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and the New York Post, and has penned many books like The Red and the Blue: The 1990s and the Birth of Political Tribalism (2018). He has worked as a host for numerous events such as serving as the multimedia anchor and data analyst for MSNBC’s The Place for Politics campaign coverage, which had been broadcast throughout 2016.
Stephan Joseph Kornacki
Stephen A. Kornacki, Steve A. Kornacki
Groton, Massachusetts, United States
East Village, Lower Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
He went to Groton-Dunstable Regional High School. He then attended Boston University, where he majored in Film and Television.
Journalist, Writer, Television host
- Father – Stephan Joseph Kornacki Sr.
- Mother – Anne Bernadette
- Siblings – Kathryn Kornacki (Older Sister) (Professor at Caldwell University)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Polish descent.
He publicly came out as gay in an essay written for Salon magazine in 2011 titled The coming out story I never thought I’d write.
- Cheerful smile
- Bright and expressive eyes
- Sharp features
Steve Kornacki Favorite Things
- Beverage – Diet Coke, the constant supply of which he has claimed to have been the secret to his consistently intense delivery after having discovered it to be his key to staying alert
- Means To Stay Fit – Walking having done so to and from his office every day that has comprised of as much as 6 miles
Source – GQ
Steve Kornacki Facts
- In his book The Red and the Blue: The 1990s and the Birth of Political Tribalism, he has charted the polarization of U.S. politics, through the viewpoint of the 2 main political figures, Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich following the twin paths of the larger-than-life politicians.
- Steve has disclosed that he has never eaten anything on election night. He has tried to have something during the day like a bagel. Steve has the feeling he will be working all night and he has not liked the idea of consuming food having noticed it to have slowed him down and turned him sleepy and tired. He has also added that as of November 2020, he has never had breakfast, in the past 28 years.
- During the 2020 election, it had been noted that the most pressing question next to who would win Georgia, had been how was Kornacki managing to still be awake. Serving as one of the correspondents of MSNBC Steve had continued covering the seemingly endless election results, totally tirelessly without any break, which resulted in his viewers getting seriously concerned for his health. He was compelled to take a nap when the cast and crew of MSNBC simply got rid of him forcibly from the building and put him in a room with a pillow, quilt, and warm milk.
- Steve has loved to wear khaki pants having considered his lucky charm to include a pair of Gap’s Modern Khaki ones in palomino brown.
Featured Image by Steve Kornacki / Instagram