|Christy Altomare Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||June 23, 1986|
Christy Altomare is an American singer-songwriter and actress who is distinguished for her Broadway appearances in several musicals like Spring Awakening, Mamma Mia, and Carrie. She is also noted to have played the titular character in Anastasia. Christy has also made several on-screen appearances in TV movies such as Badges (2010) and Truth Slash Fiction (2016). She is also a tremendous singer who has released many albums such as Waiting for You (2007) and Not Yet Over You (2000). Christy has more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Christy studied at Pennsbury High School.
Later, in 2008, she graduated with a BFA in Musical Theater from the department of Conservatory of Music at the University of Cincinnati.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter
- Siblings – Carrie Hirschman (Sister)
Christy is represented by –
- Abrams Artists Agency
- Edie Robb from Station 3 Management
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Christy has dated –
- Tom – In the past, she was dating a guy named Tom. However, their relationship attended when Christy was in grade 7.
- Pete Browning (2018-Present) – Christy and Pete Browning got engaged to each other in December 2018. The couple had been dating each other for a long time before finally deciding to take their relationship one step further.
Race / Ethnicity
Triangular shaped face
Christy has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Playing the titular character on Anastasia
- Starring in several TV movies such as Badges (2010) and Truth Slash Fiction (2016)
- Winning several awards including the Connecticut Critics Circle Award (2016) and the Theatre World Award (2017)
Christy released her debut album titled Not Yet Over You on January 1, 2000. It had 9 songs like By Myself, What Happens Next, Good Person, Just To Be With You, and Dreams Come True. The song was originally released in the form of a CD when she was only 13 years old.
First TV Show
Christy made her first TV show appearance as a student on the hit series The Big C in 2011.
In order to keep herself healthy and look amazing throughout the day, she drinks Kombucha that contains a slight composite of alcohol as well as fermented, lightly effervescent, sweetened black or green tea drink that contains lots of probiotics and other health benefits.
Christy Altomare Favorite Things
- Childhood Show – Friends (1994-2004)
- Musicals – Ragtime, The Last 5 Years, Miss Saigon, Elegies, Hamilton
- Broadway Actress – Christine Ebersole
- Part In Anastasia – Performing the “In My Dreams” scenario into a song
- Performance – One that she did in her hometown in Yardley when she was 8 years old
Source – YouTube, NewYorkTheatreGuide.com
Christy Altomare Facts
- She was 12 years old when she began writing songs.
- At the age of 16, she signed to Station 3 Management‘s CEO and founder Edie Robb.
- She developed the acting bug at an early age and by the time she got to high school, she had already taken part in school productions as well as nationally. Christy also won the National Foundation for the Advancement of the Arts in the past.
- In 2008, and she went on her first ever national tour as the lead actress Wendla in the Broadway musical Spring Awakening.
- In 2012, Christy made her debut Broadway performance in Mamma Mia.
- Christy found her passion in music through Jewel Kilcher and Joni Mitchell.
- In 2013, she was replaced by Broadway star Laurie Veldheer for the character of Sophie Sheridan in Mamma Mia as the duration of her contract had expired.
- She is a huge fan of the character of Rachel Karen Green played by Jennifer Aniston. Christy’s hairstyle is always set to look like hers.
- Her go-to-beauty product is an Avon face lotion.
- She can impersonate singer Norah Jones and Elmo from The Muppet Show (1976-1981).
- Christy got her first guitar when she was in the 5th or 6th grade. Her father had given her a guitar that had nylon strings.
- She was in grade 7 when she wrote her first song Not Over You Yet which was released as a CD when she was 13 years old. She came up with the song in the basement after she had her heart broken by her then boyfriend.
- Her celebrity crush is Robert Downey Jr.
- In 2017, she binge-watched Game Of Thrones.
- Her go-to-party drink is a stern shot of tequila.
- Christy’s mantra in life is “follow the light and never stop following your dreams”.
- Visit her official website @ www.christyaltomare.com.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Christy Altomare / Instagram