|Andy Lau Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1961|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Andy Lau is a Hong Kongese actor, voice actor, singer, songwriter, composer, film producer, and businessperson who has established himself as one of Hong Kong’s most commercially successful film actors since the mid-1980s. He has performed in more than 160 films as well as has been a successful singer who has released multiple albums. His film credits include Boat People, The Unwritten Law, The Crazy Companies, In the Blood, Tragic Hero, Running Out of Time, Kawashima Yoshiko, Love on a Diet, Wait ‘Til You’re Older, Infernal Affairs, Lost and Love, and Chasing the Dragon.
Andy Lau, Wah Zai (華仔), Lau Wah (劉華), Wah Dee (華Dee), Ngau Wah (牛華), Hui Guo (慧果) (Dharma name), Andy Lau Tak-wah, Lau Fook-wing (劉福榮), Ricky Chan
Tai Po, British Hong Kong
Andy Lau graduated from a Band One secondary school, Ho Lap College in San Po Kong, Kowloon.
Actor, Voice Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Film Producer, Businessperson
- Father – Lau Lai (Firefighter)
- Siblings – Lau Tak-sing (Younger Brother). Andy Lau also has 3 older sisters and one younger sister.
Andy Lau has been repped by Focus Films, Production Company, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon
Capital Artists (1985), EMI Music Publishing (1987-1989), Polygram (1990-1992), UFO Record (1992-1995), Bertelsmann Music Group (1996-2001), Catchy Entertainment Ltd. (2002-2004), Focus Music
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $70 Million.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andy Lau has dated –
- Carol Chu (2008-Present) – Andy Lau and Malaysian entertainer and former model Carol Chu got married in Las Vegas in 2008 after 24 years of speculation about their romance. They were blessed with their first child together, a daughter named Hanna, on May 9, 2012. Both Andy Lau and Carol Chu are vegetarians and devout Buddhists.
Race / Ethnicity
Andy Lau is of Chinese descent.
Has frequently worked with directors Johnnie To, Wai Ka-fai, and Jing Wong
In the 1980s, he converted to Buddhism and has been a follower of the Lingyan Mountain Temple in Taiwan.
Andy Lau Facts
- He was one of the “5 Tigers” in TVB with Tony Chiu-Wai Leung, Felix Wong, Michael Miu, and Kent Tong in the 1980s.
- Along with Jacky Cheung, Leon Lai, and Aaron Kwok, Andy Lau was named one of the “Four Kings” of the Hong Kong pop music industry in the early 1990s.
- His autobiography This Is How I Grew Up (我是這樣長大的) was published in 1995.
- As of April 2000, he had won 292 awards.
- Alongside Jing Boran, Andy Lau co-starred as Lei Zekuan (雷澤寬) (an Anhui farmer) in the 2015 Chinese-Hong Kong road drama film Lost and Love. This role won him the Huabiao Award for “Best Actor” while he was also nominated for a Golden Rooster Award and a Hong Kong Film Award.
- Andy Lau suffered serious injuries in January 2017 after being thrown off and stomped by a horse during a commercial shoot in Khao Lak. He eventually recovered and fully returned to work in August 2017.
- He was invited to be a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on June 25, 2018.
- One of his idols has been actor Chow Yun-fat. Recounting the time he met Chow Yun-fat for the first time, Andy Lau once stated, “The first time I met him, he just showed me his Rolex. He says ‘Look at it’ then I look at it. Then he told me ‘Work hard, and you are going to have it!”
Featured Image by mR.Hom / mrhom.lofter.com / CC BY 2.5