|Jing Boran Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1989|
Jing Boran is a Chinese actor, singer, director, and producer who shot to fame after becoming the champion at the 2007 talent contest My Hero. He has been a member of the boy band BoBo, alongside the 3rd-place winner Fu Xinbo. He has also been a part of several other shows including Love Weaves Through a Millennium, Fighting Man, Girl Rushes Forward, Nonstop, New Editorial Department Story, Who’s the Murderer, 33 Story Halls, Psychologist, Divas Hit the Road, I Actor, and Go Fridge. In addition to that, Jing Boran has been cast in a number of movies such as The Equation of Love and Death, Beautiful Song of Taste, The Founding of a Party, A Tale of Three Cities, Hot Summer Days, Love in Space, Time Raiders, Shadows of Love, Monster Hunt, Monster Hunt 2, The Bullet Vanishes, The Guillotines, Up in the Wind, Bride Wars, Extreme Pursuit, Rise of the Legend, Lost and Love, Love O2O, The Faces of My Gene, The Shadow Play, The Climbers, Us and Them, and Dao Chuang Ci.
Shenyang, Liaoning, China
Jing went to Shenyang Waishi Service School.
Actor, director, producer, singer
Jing Boran has been signed with Huayi Brothers.
Huayi Brothers, Seed
6 ft or 183 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jing Boran has dated –
- Ni Ni (March 2016-Present) – Actor Ni Ni began dating Jing in March 2016. Before starting dating, they had already worked in two movies together. However, they were just friends during the shot. They are considered to be a power couple of the Chinese film industry.
Race / Ethnicity
Jing primarily has Chinese ancestry and traces of Russian lineage.
His innocent looks and his baby-like face
Jing has appeared in a commercial for Ariel and is the brand ambassador for the Youth Creativity Entrepreneur awards.
Best Known For
Playing the lead roles in the Chinese-Hong Kong 3D fantasy adventure film series Monster Hunt (2015, 2018) directed by Raman Hui and Time Raiders (2016) directed by Daniel Lee
In 2010, Jing joined Seed Music and released his debut solo studio album in June 2011 titled Jing Boran. The album topped charts in both Taiwan (G-music charts) and mainland China. At the Global Chinese Golden Chart, Jing won the Best Newcomer (silver award).
Jing Boran made his theatrical film debut with an uncredited role in the romantic drama The Equation of Love and Death in 2008.
His first credited role came in the rom-com film Hot Summer Days in 2010.
First TV Show
Jing made his television show debut in 2009 on the sitcom Youth Forward Time.
Jing Boran Facts
- He won a Chinese talent contest called My Hero contest in 2007 and soon gained popularity after the victory.
- He co-formed a band called “BoBo” with Fu Xinbo who was the second runner-up in My Hero.
- He revealed that his childhood was difficult because his parents separated when he was young. His grandmother primarily raised him.
- He was not financially well to do, growing up. Hence, to support his household, he took up odd jobs.
- Alongside Andy Lau, he co-starred as Zeng Shuai, a bike mechanic, in the 2015 Chinese-Hong Kong road drama film Lost and Love, inspired by an actual abduction case in 2010. For this role, he won the award for “Best Supporting Actor” at the 13th Changchun Film Festival and was nominated for the 30th Golden Rooster Award for “Best Supporting Actor”.
- He co-starred as Li Guoliang in the 2019 adventure drama film The Climbers, a performance that got him nominated for the 35th Hundred Flowers Award for “Best Supporting Actor”.
- Jing does not have any social media accounts.
Featured Image by Jing Boran / Instagram