|Colin Cunningham Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 20, 1966|
Colin Cunningham is an American actor, musician, and director who is best known for being cast as John Pope in Falling Skies (2011-2015) and as Major Paul Davis in Stargate SG-1 (1998-2005). He has also starred in several other hit shows such as Preacher (2018) and Blood Drive (2017). Colin is also noted for his important portrayal in many films like Elektra (2005), The 6th Day (2000), and Zacharia Farted (1998). He has also won several awards including the Canadian Screen Awards, Leo Awards, and Gemini Awards. As a director, Colin earned his recognition with his award-winning short film Centigrade (2007). Colin is also a professional saxophonist, guitarist, and singer-songwriter who often plays with a local band called What The Funk!
Colin Alexander Cunningham
Los Angeles, California, United States
Colin attended the Vancouver Film School, where he studied directing.
Actor, Director, Musician
- Father – Willie John Hanna (Actor)
- Mother – Kay Cunningham (Actress)
- Siblings – Rainy Dan Lorell (Older Sister) (Actress), Ron Cunningham (Younger Brother) (Actress)
Colin is represented by –
- AMI Artist Management Inc.
- D2 Management
- Characters Agency
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Colin prefers to keep his dating life away from the spotlight.
Race / Ethnicity
Due to his advancing age, Colin’s hair has visible strands of white hair.
He has a mole on his right cheek.
Best Known For
- Being cast as John Pope in Falling Skies (2011-2015), Major Paul Davis in Stargate SG-1 (1998-2005), TC in Preacher (2018), and Julian Slink in Blood Drive (2017)
- Starring in several hit films such as The 6th Day (2000), Stealing Sinatra (2003), Elektra (2005), and The Entrance (2006)
- Co-directing the short-film Centigrade in 2007
As a Musician
Colin is a skilled saxophonist, guitarist, and singer who plays in a band that goes by the name What The Funk!.
Colin made his debut theatrical film appearance as Dietrich in Hard Evidence in 1995.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Madison in Robin’s Hoods in 1994.
There is not much known about his workout regime. However, as seen in Preacher, Colin seemed to be going to the gym as he had a well-built muscular physique.
Colin Cunningham Favorite Things
- Comedian – Marx Brothers
- Musician – Joe Bonamassa
- Author – Victor Frankl
- Actor – Gene Hackman
Source – TheNervousBreakdown.com
Colin Cunningham Facts
- He was raised alongside his younger brother Ron and older sister Rainy in Los Angeles, California. Later, he moved to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada in 1993.
- Colin’s entire family was cast in his film Zacharia Farted (1998).
- He has starred in 3 of the longest running science fiction shows The X-Files (1993), Stargate SG-1 (1997), and Smallville (2001).
- Colin has appeared in a number of music videos made by producer and director Sean Hogan.
- He started his acting career as part of a dare that a friend had imposed on him. The dare was to audition for a role during a public casting call.
- In 2009, his short film Centigrade (2007) was nominated for an Academy Award. It had also been the first short film in iTunes history to have peaked on their Top Ten in Feature Downloads list.
- In 2011, Colin was nominated for almost 12 Leo Awards, 2 Gemini Awards, and a Gala for the British Columbia Film and Television Industry.
- Colin has starred alongside some of the biggest stars in the entertainment industry such as Arnold Schwarzenegger in The 6th Day (2000) and Jennifer Garner in Elektra (2005).
- In 2014, he voiced the character of John Pope in Falling Skies the Game.
- Colin plays the tenor saxophone.
- He was one of the founding members of the Open Fist Theatre Company.
- He credits Abraham Lincoln and Rebecca Black’s song Friday (2011) as his inspirations.
- The characters he plays have accounted for earning him the name “chameleon”.
- He does not seem to be socially active.
Featured Image by Guillaume Paumier / Wikimedia / CC-BY 3.0