|Martin Freeman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 8, 1971|
Martin Freeman is an English actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Tim Canterbury in The Office, Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit film trilogy, Dr. John Watson in Sherlock, and Lester Nygaard in Fargo. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Love Actually, Shaun of the Dead, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, The Good Night, Nightwatching, What’s Your Number?, The World’s End, The Voorman Problem, Captain America: Civil War, A Christmas Carol, Black Panther, Casualty, The Robinsons, Hardware, Boy Meets Girl, StartUp, Breeders, and many more. For his acting skills, he has been honored with numerous awards such as the Washington DC Area Film Critics Association Award, Stella Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and the Primetime Emmy Award.
Martin John Christopher Freeman
Aldershot, Hampshire, England
Martin went to Salesian School, Chertsey and later to Brooklands College in Weybridge, Surrey to study media.
- Father – Geoffrey Freeman (Naval Officer) (Died of a heart attack)
- Mother – Philomena (née Norris)
- Siblings – Tim Freeman (Older Brother) (Musician), Benedict Freeman (Older Brother), Jamie Freeman (Older Brother), Laura Freeman (Older Sister)
- Others – Leonard Freeman (Grandfather) (Medic)
Martin is repped by these agencies –
- United Talent Agency – United States
- CAM – London, England
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
70 kg or 154 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Martin Freeman dated –
- Amanda Abbington (2000-2016) – Martin met actress Amanda Abbington on the set of Channel 4’s Men Only in 2000. They started dating and later had two children together, son Joe (b. 2006) and daughter Grace (b. 2008). In December 2016, it was publicly announced that the couple had separated.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English and Irish ancestry.
- Blue eyes
- He often clears his throat
In 2004, he did a voiceover for the Vauxhall Motors commercial.
He has also been seen in commercials for Marks & Spencer department stores, super noodles, Heineken, etc.
Best Known For
Playing Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit film trilogy in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Martin is also known for playing Tim Canterbury in the BBC’s mockumentary sitcom series The Office from 2001 to 2003, and as Dr. John Watson in the BBC’s crime drama series Sherlock.
In 1998, Martin was seen in the short film I Just Want to Kiss You for his role as Frank.
First TV Show
In 1997, Martin played the role as Craig Parnell in the ITV’s police procedural series The Bill in just one episode.
Martin is a vegetarian. In December 2012, during the premiere of The Hobbit, he showed us his slim trim body. Though, it is not known what exercise methods and diet changes he employed to shed weight.
Martin Freeman Favorite Things
- Technology Piece – Record Player
- Musical – West Side Story (1989)
- Bands – The Bees, The Coral, The Zutons, Super Furry Animals
Martin Freeman Facts
- Martin had two dogs of dachshund breed, named, Archie and Jodie.
- He does not drive a car.
- He does not like the fact that our life is more computerized than mechanized.
- In 2011, he played a charity cricket match in order to raise money for the Christchurch earthquake victims.
- While young, he suffered from asthma.
- For his “dodgy leg”, he underwent hip surgery when young.
- At 17, he finally decided to become an actor after joining a youth theater group at the age of 15.
- He once compiled an album for Motown.
- Martin’s first single which he ever bought was “Ghost Town” by The Specials.
- Martin is good friends with actor Benedict Cumberbatch.
- He is a close friend of Simon Pegg. Simon is also the godfather of Martin’s son, Joe.
- Martin is not on social media.