|Joey Essex Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 29, 1990|
Joey Essex is an English television personality and DJ who has appeared on the ITV reality series The Only Way Is Essex as well as in projects like I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!, Celebs Go Dating, The Jump, Educating Joey Essex, Splash!, Celebrity Ex on the Beach, Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins, Can I Improve My Memory?, Celebs Go Dating: The Mansion, Celebrity MasterChef, and Joey Essex: Grief and Me.
Joey Don Essex
Southwark, London, England, United Kingdom
He was not good at his studies. Joey received a U in drama (He got a U because he was caught cheating), a C in art, and a D for wood tech at GCSE – and no A-levels.
Television personality, DJ
He has served as a DJ at Sugar Hut, which is a nightclub in Brentwood, England.
- Father – Donny Essex
- Mother – Tina Essex (Deceased; committed suicide)
- Siblings – Frankie Essex (Older Sister) (Television Personality)
- Others – Linda Sims (Grandmother), Chloe Sims (Cousin), Charlie Sims (Cousin), Madison Sims (Second Cousin)
Joey has been signed to Neon Management, Artist Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom.
His net worth had been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
76 kg or 168 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joey Essex has dated –
- Lucie Donlan – He once hooked up with reality television personality Lucie Donlan.
- Sam Faiers (2011-2014) – Joey Essex dated reality television star, Sam Faiers in the past. The duo started dating in November 2011 and continued dating ON and OFF (They split in 2012 for a couple of months; then they split in June 2013 but again reconciled later) for almost three years before calling it quits in August 2014.
- Jessica Wright (2012) – Joey had a fling with the British TV star Jessica Wright in the year 2012.
- Amy Willerton (2013-2014) – Joey Essex and model cum actress Amy Willerton were RUMORed to be dating in December 2013. According to tabloids, they split in January 2014. Essex and Amy met on the set of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! for the first time. But, Essex denies any rumors of their dating together. However, he admits to their kissing and sleeping together during that time.
- Perrie Edwards (2015) – In 2015, after splitting from Zayn Malik, singer Perrie Edwards and Joey had a short stint.
- Georgie Purves (2016-2018) – Fashion stylist Georgie Purves and Joey were romantically linked to each other from 2016 to 2018.
- Durrani Popal (2016) – In September 2016, reality TV star Durrani Popal and Joey had an encounter.
- Stephanie Pratt (2016) – He had a short-termed romance with American television personality and author Stephanie Pratt from July 2016 to October 2016.
- Sabreena Diamond (2018) – In the latter half of 2018, model Sabreena Diamond and Joey dated each other.
- Lorena Medina (2019-2020) – In October 2019, Joey started dating another model, Lorena Medina.
- Rita Ora (2020) – In April 2020, Joey Essex began a romantic relationship with singer, songwriter, and actress Rita Ora but their romance came to an end in September 2020.
- Brenda Santos – In July 2020, he started dating model Brenda Santos.
Race / Ethnicity
He uses the catchphrase – “I’m looking reem”
According to HeatWorld, he wears two sizes small so that people don’t think that he has clown size feet.
He has modeled for various brands like Abercrombie & Fitch and others.
Joey has also appeared in a surf detergent TV commercial.
Best Known For
Appearing in the ITV2’s scripted reality TV series The Only Way Is Essex as himself from 2011 to 2013.
First TV Show
Essex first appeared in ITV2’s reality soap opera The Only Way Is Essex from 2011 to 2013. He was a part of the main cast from series 2 to 10.
He has a ripped body. The celeb spends a number of hours in the gym. He sometimes tweets about his workout regime.
Joey Essex Facts
- When he was 10, his mom died by committing suicide.
- Since childhood, he either wanted to be an actor or a chef.
- He hates spiders.
- As per a story published online on Mirror on May 4, 2015, Joey desires to become Prime Minister and if he wins, he would declare his birthday as a national holiday.
- Joey had opened the shop named Fuesy in Brentwood on March 23, 2013.
- He has served as an ambassador for Child Bereavement UK since 2014. he was 10 years old when his mother took her own life.
- On June 3, 2021, he talked about his mother’s suicide and his grief in the BBC Three documentary Joey Essex: Grief and Me broadcast.