|Zayn Malik Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1993|
Zayn Malik is an English singer and songwriter who initially gained popularity as a member of the English-Irish pop boy band, One Direction, which he left in March 2015. Later, he went on to pursue a solo career and has released several tracks and albums which include Mind of Mine, Icarus Falls, Pillowtalk, Like I Would, I Don’t Wanna Live Forever (with Taylor Swift), Dusk Till Dawn (featuring Sia), Let Me, and No Candle No Light (featuring Nicki Minaj).
Zain Javadd Malik (Zain means beautiful)
Zayn, Bradford Bad Boy, Dj Malik
Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
Malik shifted schools due to his mixed heritage. He attended Lower Fields Primary School and Tong High School.
He was previously a member of the band One Direction.
- Father – Yaser (is of British Pakistani descent)
- Mother – Tricia Malik (née Brannan) (is of English descent)
- Siblings – Doniya (Older Sister), Waliyha (Younger Sister), Safaa Malik (Younger Sister)
- Others – Jawaad Malik (Cousin), Aaroosa Malik (Cousin), Zaneyah (Niece)
Pop, R&B, Alternative R&B, Electropop
Syco Music, Columbia Records, RCA Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
66 kg or 145½ lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Zayn Malik dated –
- Cher Lloyd (2010) – The two of these singers were rumored to be dating together when they first met during The X Factor in 2010. According to DailyMail UK, they dated briefly in November.
- Geneva Lane (2010-2011) – Zayn met British singer, Geneva Lane during The X Factor 2010. The duo dated for 2 months from December 2010 until February 2011. She is a couple of months older than Malik.
- Rebecca Ferguson (2011) – Post that, Zayn met another contestant at The X Factor with whom he dated from March 2011 to July 2011. Rebecca is 6 years older than him.
- Perrie Edwards (2012-2015) – Zerrie, as the couple is collectively called by the media started dating in March 2012. They also met during The X Factor and started dating soon thereafter. They got engaged on August 18, 2013. But, after two years, the couple called off their engagement on August 4, 2015.
- Courtney Webb (2013) – RUMOR
- Stephanie Davis – Zayn was romantically linked with British reality TV star, Stephanie Davis for 5 months in the past.
- Carlyn Bryan (2015) – A regular LA girl, Carlyn Bryan and Zayn were rumored to have had a fling with each other. He posted a steamy picture on Instagram with this blonde, which sparked dating rumors. It was revealed by Seventeen magazine.
- Neelam Gill (2015) – Rumor
- Gigi Hadid (2015-2018, 2018-2019, 2019-Present) – In November 2015, American model Gigi Hadid and Zayn started dating each other. During their time together, they were a power couple. Sadly, the couple separated in March 2018. However, just 6 weeks after separating, the couple reunited as they were seen kissing and they confirmed their relationship once again in June 2018 on Instagram. In January 2019, it was reported that they had separated once again. In December 2019, they reconciled once again and after the rumors about Gigi’s pregnancy started to circulate, she confirmed on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon that she was pregnant with Zayn’s child in April 2020. On April 29, 2020, it was confirmed that they were expecting a baby girl and Gigi revealed her baby bump on her Instagram in August 2020. In September 2020, they welcomed a baby girl.
Race / Ethnicity
Zayn is of mixed heritage. His mother is English while his father is of British Pakistani descent.
After separating from One Direction, he dyed his hair green, and then white in June 2015.
- Ear piercing
- Vas Happenin’ – It is devised by Malik as a stylish alternative for What’s Happening? He says “Don’t you dare saying ”What’s Happening?” it’s VAS HAPPENIN'”
- Quiff hairstyle
His shoe size is believed to be 8½ (UK).
He was raised in a Muslim household.
In the year 2017, he revealed that he identified as a non-practicing Muslim and later said in an interview with British Vogue in November 2018 that he no longer considered himself a Muslim.
Best Known For
Being one of the ex-members of the pop boy band One Direction. He left the band in March 2015.
Malik’s debut album was with boyband One Direction or 1D, which released its first album Up All Night in November 2011 by Syco Records. The album consists of 13 singles with a total length of 45:12 minutes.
Zayn appeared in the British American 3-D concert film One Direction: This Is Us (also known as 1D3D). The movie released on August 29, 2013, in the United Kingdom. This was his debut movie ever (He appeared with the boy band One Direction).
First TV Show
Like most other band members of One Direction, his debut television appearance was on The X Factor in 2010.
He has a love for boxing. He used to box from the age of 15 to 17. Malik now wants to bulk up and is trying to eat healthily and do boxing and other exercises so as to get his dream body fast. But, he says he doesn’t get much time. So, he will like to pursue all the routine one day. Take a look at Harry Styles’ workout routine and diet plan.
Zayn Malik Favorite Things
- Food – He actually is not a foodie. But, still, loves pasta with Bolognese or spicy chicken
- Band – *NSYNC
- Song – Thriller (By Michael Jackson)
Source – EntertainmentWise.com, IMDb, Wattpad.com
Zayn Malik Facts
- He was raised in East Bowling.
- Malik’s music has greatly influenced by urban music, rap, and R&B.
- Bruno Mars is his dream collaborator.
- He is addicted to smoking cigarettes as a teenager. He showed his desire to quit smoking during the late 2011s.
- He has 2 dogs – Boris and Hachi, and 2 cats Tom and Rolo.
- Zayn is actually a bit shy.
- He is also afraid of water and does not know swimming.
- If he weren’t a singer, he would have been an English teacher.
- He revealed that he had his first kiss at the age of 9. His ideal kiss would be under the moonlight on the roof.
- Zayn Malik used to eat paper as a child.
- Zayn will not mind dating his fan and will not hide the relationship also.
- He is being attracted to the girl’s soft parts.
- He is blessed with a hidden talent for drawing.
- Their band was originally going to be called “Status Single”.
- His fans and supporters are referred to as ‘Zquad’.
- He used to keep 8 inches high quiff as per Entertainment Wise.
- Visit his official website @ inzayn.com.
- Follow him on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube VEVO, YouTube, Tumblr, and Instagram.