- Niall Horan – Vocals, guitar
- Liam Payne – Vocals, piano
- Harry Styles – Vocals, guitar
- Louis Tomlinson – Vocals, piano, guitar, keyboard
Zayn Malik was previously a member of the band.
London, England, United Kingdom
Pop, Teen Pop, Pop Rock
Syco Music, Columbia Records
First Headlining Tour
Up All Night Tour (2011–2012)
The One Direction band released their first album Up All Night in November 2011 which peaked at #1 on various music charts such as that of Australia, Canada, Ireland, Sweden, New Zealand, and the United States. The album was certified as 5x Platinum in Australia.
Since that time, they have released many albums like Take Me Home (2012), Midnight Memories (2013), Four (2014), Made in the A.M. (2015), etc.
One Direction’s net worth has been estimated at $150 million as per CelebrityNetWorth.com.
One Direction Facts
- Zayn Malik left the band One Direction in 2015. Overall, he remained a part of the band from 2010 to 2015.
- The band earned $75 million in 2013 from their music. At that time, as per Forbes, they were the second highest earning celebrity under the age of 30.
- Until 2017, they had already sold 50 million records all over the world.
- In January 2016, One Direction went on an unspecified hiatus.
- They have achieved the distinction of becoming the first band in the history of US Billboard 200 to have their first 4 albums reach #1.
- Due to their success, they were chosen to become the face of Pokemon Black and White in 2011.
- In 2012, they collaborated with Colgate to launch their own line of products such as One Direction Colgate MaxFresh Power Toothbrush, One Direction Colgate MaxFresh Toothpaste, etc.
- In 2015, the One Direction went on “On the Road Again Tour”.
- One Direction’s Where We Are Tour in 2014 was the highest grossing concert tour of 2014.
- Visit the band’s official website @ onedirectionmusic.com.
- Connect with the band members on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, SoundCloud, and YouTube VEVO.
Featured Image by Marc E. / Flickr / CC BY 2.0