|Harry Melling Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 13, 1989|
Harry Melling is an English actor, stage actor, and voice artist who is best known for playing Dudley Dursley in the Harry Potter films and Harry Beltik in the miniseries The Queen’s Gambit. He has also been cast in other on-screen projects including The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, Waiting for the Barbarians, The War of the Worlds, The Devil All the Time, His Dark Materials, The Current War, The Lost City of Z, Merlin, The Keeper, Say Your Prayers, Just William, Friends and Crocodiles, and Garrow’s Law.
Harry Edward Melling
London, England, United Kingdom
Harry Melling studied at Hendon School in North West London.
Later, he attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, a drama school located in Hammersmith, London.
Actor, Voice Artist, Stage Actor
- Father – Brian Melling (Illustrator)
- Mother – Joanna (Author and Illustrator of Children’s Books)
- Siblings – Jack (Brother)
- Others – Elijah Melling (Paternal Grandfather), Edna Robinson (Paternal Grandmother), Patrick George Troughton (Maternal Grandfather) (Actor), Margaret Dunlop (Maternal Grandmother), David Troughton (Maternal Uncle) (Actor), Michael Troughton (Maternal Uncle) (Actor, Teacher, Writer), Sam Troughton (Maternal Cousin) (Actor), Jim Troughton (Maternal Cousin) (Cricket Coach, Former Cricketer), William Troughton (Maternal Cousin) (Actor)
Harry Melling has been repped by Curtis Brown Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $3 Million.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harry Melling has dated –
- Catherine Drury
Race / Ethnicity
Harry Melling is of English, Scottish, and Irish descent.
Harry Melling Facts
- He was 10 years old when he started acting in the Harry Potter films.
- He comes from a family of actors.
- In 2001, Harry Melling made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the character named Dudley Dursley, the spoiled child of Vernon and Petunia Dursley who is Harry’s only cousin, in the fantasy film Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (released in the United States, India, and the Philippines as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone).
- He did voiceover work for Dudley Dursley in the video game Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in 2007.
- Harry Melling played the recurring role of George Pinnock in the period legal drama series Garrow’s Law in 2011. The show is about the 18th-century lawyer William Garrow.
- In 2016, he played William Barclay in the American biographical adventure drama film The Lost City of Z.
- Alongside Charlize Theron, KiKi Layne, Marwan Kenzari, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and others, Harry Melling co-starred as Steven Merrick, the wealthy CEO of a pharmaceutical empire, in the 2020 American superhero film The Old Guard.
- In 2020, he appeared as Harry Beltik, a state champion player Beth defeats in her first tournament and later befriends, in the critically acclaimed American coming-of-age period drama miniseries The Queen’s Gambit.
- Some of Harry Melling’s stage credits include playing Swiss Cheese in Mother Courage and her Children at Royal National Theatre in 2009, Sir Benjamin Backbite in The School for Scandal at Barbican Centre in 2011, Christopher Isherwood in I Am a Camera at Southwark Playhouse in 2012, Fool in King Lear at Minerva Theatre, Chichester in 2013, Jason/Tyrone in Hand to God at Vaudeville Theatre, London in 2016, and Edgar in King Lear at The Old Vic in 2016.
Featured Image by vagueonthehow / Flickr / CC BY 2.0