|Marwan Kenzari Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 16, 1983|
Marwan Kenzari is a Dutch actor, comedian, and theatre artist who is known for playing the role of Majid in the film, Wolf, for which he also won a couple of awards and nominations. In 2019, he was also cast as Jafar in the Disney musical fantasy drama film, Aladdin. Interestingly, Marwan Kenzari started acting after a girl he was dating in his teen years got them to audition for a production of the Dutch version of the musical, Chicago. Since then, he has appeared in a number of films and shows which include the likes of Katia’s Sister, The Last Days of Emma Blank, Maite was hier, Flikken Maastricht, Mix Tape, Van God los, Black Out, Naar het Einde van de Straat, Black Widow, Pak van mijn hart, What Happened to Monday, Murder on the Orient Express, The Angel, Ben-Hur, and The Promise. Moreover, Marwan Kenzari has also garnered quite a fan base on social media with more than 80k followers on Instagram.
The Hague, South Holland, Netherlands
Marwan Kenzari got enrolled at the Maastricht Academy of Dramatic Arts which is a college of dramatic arts located in Maastricht in Limburg, Netherlands. He graduated from college in the year 2009.
Actor, Comedian, Theatre Artist
Marwan Kenzari is represented by ICM Partners, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Marwan Kenzari is of Tunisian descent.
- Sports a beard
- Tall stature
Marwan Kenzari has either endorsed or promoted a few brands through social media which include the likes of SAINT LAURENT.
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Majid in the action drama-martial arts film, Wolf, in which he starred alongside the likes of Chemseddine Amar, Bo Maerten, Cahit Ölmez, and Raymond Thiry. For his role, he won a Golden Calf Award as well as an Angela Award in the “Best Actor” category in 2013 and was also nominated for a Rembrandt Award in the “Best Dutch Actor” category in 2014.
- Playing the role of Jafar, an evil and deceptive sorcerer, the Grand vizier of Agrabah, and the Sultan’s chief advisor, in the American musical fantasy film, Aladdin, as he was cast as one of the lead actors alongside Will Smith, Mena Massoud, Naomi Scott, Navid Negahban, Nasim Pedrad, and Billy Magnussen. He was also nominated for a Teen Choice Award in 2019 in the “Choice Movie: Villain” category.
- Appearing as Pierre Michel in the mystery thriller film, Murder on the Orient Express, which is based on an eponymous novel by Agatha Christie and stars actors Kenneth Branagh, Penélope Cruz, Willem Dafoe, Johnny Depp, Leslie Odom Jr., Michelle Pfeiffer, and Daisy Ridley
- Having appeared in a variety of roles in shows such as Luca de Keyzer in Flikken Maastricht, Vuc in Maite was hier, Frank Hendrikx in Van God Los, and Mustafa ‘Moes’ Eski in Black Widow
Marwan Kenzari made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Giac in the drama film, Katia’s Sister, in 2008. The other cast members included the likes of Ian Bok, Maryous Gabrielse, Fred Goessens, Jennifer Jago, Olga Louzgina, Betty Qizmolli, and many more and the film was premiered at Locarno Film Festival on August 8, 2008.
First TV Show
Marwan Kenzari made his first TV show appearance by playing the role of Luca de Keyzer in an episode, titled Echte liefde, of the police drama series, Flikken Maastricht, in September 2008. The show starred the likes of Angela Schijf, Victor Reinier, Oda Spelbos, Sergio IJssel, Helmert Woudenberg, Will van Kralingen, Jamie Grant, and Ria Eimers.
Marwan Kenzari works out a great deal to maintain a toned and healthy body. His workout routines usually comprise of a bunch of exercises that he does with around 10-15 reps of each exercise. Some of the exercises that he has incorporated in his routine are push-ups, pull-ups, high-intensity training, weight training, and core exercises. He has also indulged in kickboxing.
Marwan Kenzari Facts
- He was in his teens when he started acting after a girl he was going out with got both of them to audition for the Dutch version of the popular musical, Chicago.
- Sometime after graduating from Maastricht Academy of Dramatic Arts, Marwan Kenzari joined the Amsterdam Theatre Group.
- He is multilingual and can speak Arabic, Dutch, French, and English.
- At the Berlin International Film Festival, he was awarded a Shooting Stars Award in the year 2014.
- Over the years, Marwan Kenzari has played several roles in films which include Martin in The Last Days of Emma Blank, Vuc in Maite was hier, Tom Fenneker in Loft, Youssef in Black Out, Mo in Naar het Einde van de Straat, Detective Ron Leeflang in Accused, Druses in Ben-Hur, Richard in Pak van mijn hart, Adrian Knowles in What Happened to Monday, Ashraf Marwan in The Angel, and Mounir in Over Zonen.
- Visit his official website @ marwankenzari.nl.
- Follow Marwan Kenzari on Instagram.
Featured Image by CASH / YouTube / CC BY 3.0