|Tim Robbins Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 16, 1958|
Tim Robbins is an American actor, screenwriter, director, producer, and musician who burst into the limelight after playing Lt. Samuel “Merlin” Wells in the action drama film Top Gun (1986). Robbins went on to appear in many other notable movies including Bob Roberts (1992) for which he was the writer and director as well, and he starred in several TV shows, like Here and Now (2018) where he portrayed the lead character of Greg Boatwright. Tim has been showered with numerous accolades such as the Academy Award for “Best Supporting Actor” for his role of Dave Boyle in the film Mystic River (2003) and a Golden Globe Award nomination for “Best Screenplay” for the movie Dead Man Walking (1995) that he had written for, and directed. He has garnered more than 20k followers on Instagram.
Timothy Francis Robbins
West Covina, California, United States
Tim went to Stuyvesant High School, where he joined the drama club. He spent a couple of years at the State University of New York at Plattsburgh after which he returned to California to study at the University of California Film School, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Drama in 1981.
Actor, Screenwriter, Director, Producer, Musician
- Father – Gilbert Lee Robbins (Singer, Actor, Musician)
- Mother – Mary Cecelia née Bledsoe (Musician, Actress)
- Siblings – Adele (Sister), Gabrielle (Sister), David Robbins (Brother) (Composer)
He has been represented by The Actors’ Gang Ivy Substation.
In 2020, his net worth was $70 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Susan Sarandon (1987-2009) – He co-starred with actress Susan in the American romantic comedy sports movie Bull Durham (1988). The pair started dating soon after meeting on the sets of the film in 1987. They together anchored the 1993 Academy Awards and eventually got engaged in August 2005. Susan is 12 years older than Tim. Their relationship ended in 2009 and they have 2 sons – filmmaker Jack Henry (b. May 15, 1989) and musician and actor Miles Robbins (b. May 4, 1992).
- Ioana Gratiela Brancusi (2017-2020) – Robbins tied the knot with Gratiela on February 1, 2017, and they broke up on July 1, 2020. News of the wedding was kept private until Tim filed for divorce in January 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Norwegian, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Scottish, German, French/French-Canadian, and distant Dutch descent.
- Dimpled smile
- Tall stature
Tim Robbins Favorite Things
- Sports – Baseball, Ice hockey having frequently attended games
- Film – Seven Samurai (1954)
Tim Robbins Facts
- He was brought up in New York City.
- Tim shifted to Greenwich Village with his family when he was young, while his father pursued a musical career as a member of the folk group The Highwaymen.
- Robbins began performing in theater at the age of 12.
- After graduation from college in 1981, Robbins had launched the experimental theater group in Los Angeles called the Actors’ Gang. Its members had consisted of Tim’s actor friends from his college softball team that had included John Cusack. The ensemble used to express radical political observations through the European avant-garde form of theater.
- Tim has realized that the secret to happiness is staying engaged while being disengaged, whether it is from things that bring about stress like the news, or disengaging in the form of a holiday. The most important factor is not to let outside forces dictate one’s interests. He has observed that finding freedom may be simpler than we think.
Featured Image by Tim Robbins / Instagram