|Kiki Layne Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
Kiki Layne is an American actress who is best known for portraying the role of Tish Rivers in If Beale Street Could Talk in 2018. She is also popularly known for making a guest appearance as Emmie Miles in Chicago Med in 2016. Kiki has made several Broadway appearances regionally such as the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella and Kate in Good People. She is also an avid social media user.
She was born in 1991/1992.
Kiki obtained a diploma in general studies from the School for Creative and Performing Arts in Cincinnati, Ohio. Later, she went on to study On Camera Acting Intensive at the Acting Studio Chicago.
She graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in acting at The Theatre School, DePaul University in Chicago, Illinois.
Kiki is represented by –
- Talent Manager – Meredith Rothman
- Attorney – Jim Gilio
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kiki Layne has dated –
- Michael B. Jordan (2019) – Kiki was reportedly dating actor and producer Michael B. Jordan in 2019. They were even seen together at a Sundance Film Festival after-party in Park City in January 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African-American ancestry.
- Afro hair
- Petite body frame
Kiki has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
- Miu Miu
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role as Tish Rivers in Barry Jenkins‘s crime-drama film If Beale Street Could Talk (2018)
- Winning a “Discovery Award” at the Savannah Film Festival in 2018
- Working with brands such as Dior, Prada, and Valentino as an Instagram model
Kiki made her theatrical film debut appearance as Tish Rivers in If Beale Street Could Talk in 2018.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Emmie Miles on the drama series Chicago Med in 2016.
Kiki Layne Favorite Things
- Childhood Movie – The Lion King (1994)
Source – Vanity Fair
Kiki Layne Facts
- In 2017, she shifted to Los Angeles from Chicago in order to pursue her dream in acting.
- Apart from acting, she also indulges in modeling and can also sing.
- She enjoys popping gum.
- In 2015, she got her first acting job alongside actress Lena Waithe in The Chi for the first show that was being recorded at that time.
- Kiki kept a VHS with her of The Lion King (1994) since her childhood.
- While studying at the School for Creative and Performing Arts in Cincinnati, she learned how to play the flute, a French horn, and the trumpet.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by Kiki Layne / Instagram