|Q’orianka Kilcher Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3.5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 11, 1990|
Q’orianka Kilcher is an American actress, singer, and activist who came into prominence after portraying the role of Pocahontas in the Academy Award-nominated motion picture The New World (2005). She gained further popularity by appearing in several other movies including Princess Kaiulani (2009) where she played the titular character of Princess Kaʻiulani. She has starred in a number of TV shows like Sons of Anarchy (2010) in which she had the recurring role of Kerrianne Telford. Q’orianka is the recipient of numerous awards such as the Online Film Critics Society Awards in 2006 for “Best Breakthrough Performance”.
Q’orianka Waira Qoiana Kilcher
Schweigmatt, Baden-Württemberg, West Germany
She went to school once at the age of 11 and left after 9 months. When she was 6 years old, she had been the first child to take lessons on Classical Voice at the University of Hawaii with Laurance Paxton. She also studied Drama with Bill Ogilvie by attending the Diamond Head Theater. At the age of 12, she got a full scholarship to the Musician’s Institute in Hollywood, where she learned Vocal Performance, Music Theory as well as Songwriting.
Actress, Singer, Activist, Dancer, Choreographer, Producer
- Father – Wachan Bajiyoperak Vega
- Mother – Saskia Kilcher (Human Rights Activist)
- Siblings – Kainoa Kilcher (Younger Brother) (Actor), Xihuaru Kilcher (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Jewel (Cousin) (Singer)
She is represented by Anonymous Content and Agency for the Performing Arts.
5 ft 3.5 in or 161 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Peruvian descent on her father’s side of the family and of Swiss-German and Swiss-French descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Defined jawline
- Prominent cheekbones
- Fuller lips
- Tattoo on her left arm
Q’orianka Kilcher Favorite Things
- Has Made A Commitment To – Human rights and environmental activism having spoken on behalf of causes to attain what she has regarded as environmental justice and the basic human rights
- Hobbies – Camping, Reading, Kite surfing
Q’orianka Kilcher Facts
- Her name Q’orianka means “Golden Eagle” in Quechua, which is the official language of the Inca Empire along with being an official language in Peru.
- She was raised in Hawaii and was inspired by the local culture having begun hula dancing at the age of 5. She also trained in different types of dances such as Tahitian, West African, ballet, hip hop, and modern. In 1997, she had received the Ballet Hawaii Award for being the “Young Choreographer” at the age of 7.
- In 1999, Q’orianka’s mother shifted the family to California after which Kilcher began to sing and dance for tourist donations having busked on the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica.
- She has learned martial arts and stunts. She is a proficient Blackbelt in Wushu, Kung Fu as well as a stunt performer having trained at the National Wushu Training Center and Impact Stunts.
- Q’orianka had a tiny role in the movie How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) where she was not that recognizable as everyone had to wear some kind of prostheses to play the character of a Who of Whoville. She was a part of the choir that was singing in the film.
- Q’orianka is fluent in German, Spanish, and English.
- In July 2022, Q’orianka was charged with two counts of workers’ compensation fraud after she reportedly collected disability benefits, even though she was able to work during the shooting of Dora and the Lost City of Gold in 2018.
Featured Image by Q’orianka Kilcher / Instagram