|Whitney Cummings Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 4, 1982|
Whitney Cummings is known for her profane jokes and observational comedy which is usually based on taboo topics. She has also been a part of the Comedy Central Roasts of Joan Rivers, David Hasselhoff, and Donald Trump. Cummings is also an acclaimed writer, executive producer, and director who has stated that all these roles combined are less demanding than performing stand-up comedy. Yet, stand-up remains her first passion because she finds it extremely cathartic to connect with hundreds of people and make them laugh in unison.
Whitney Ann Cummings
Georgetown, Washington, District of Colombia, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- She graduated from Andrew’s Episcopal School in Potomac, Maryland in 2000.
- Whitney worked as a runway and catalog model while studying in school and college. She also interned at WRC-TV aka NBC 4 as a multimedia journalist and polished her acting skills at the non-profit, Studio Theatre, in Washington, D.C.
- She graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in Communications from the prestigious Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania in 2004.
- After finishing college, Whitney relocated to Los Angeles keen on becoming an actress. During her struggle period, she paid her bills by hosting countdown shows on E! Network and VH1.
Actress, Stand-Up Comedienne, Producer, Director, Writer
- Father – Eric Lynn Cummings (Expired 2017) (Lawyer, Venture Capitalist)
- Mother – Patricia aka Patti (Former Public Relations Executive)
- Siblings – Ashley Cummings (Older Sister) (Yoga Teacher)
- Others – Lucasta Cummings (Stepmother) (British Actress), Gerald Leonard Cummings (Paternal Grandfather), Virginia Jeanette Spickard Cummings (Paternal Grandmother), Mark David Cummings (Paternal Uncle), Dr. David A. Cummings (Paternal Uncle), Cathy Ellen Cummings (Paternal Aunt), Lisa Chittum Cummings (Paternal Aunt), Victoria Grace (Cousin), Shannon Cummings (Cousin), Johnathan Cummings (Cousin), Kevin Cummings (Older Half-Brother). She possibly has 4 other half siblings.
She is managed by –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- Jimmy Miller, Mosaic Media
- Meredith O’Sullivan Wasson, The Lede Company (Publicist)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Whitney Cummings has dated –
- Peter Berg (2012-2013) – Whitney dated actor, director, and executive producer, Peter Berg, for nearly a year before she broke up with him. The duo had an age gap of 20 years. She was not happy about the abrupt end of their relationship and shared the news of her break-up first onstage during a stand-up gig.
- Kerry Rhodes (2014) – Tabloids reported that Whitney was dating former NFL player turned actor, Kerry Rhodes, in 2014. The relationship did not last beyond a few months.
- In January 2016, during an interview with Howard Stern, Whitney discussed her decision to freeze her eggs because she was worried about settling for someone who was not likely to be right for her. She also confessed that she got cheated on in one of her past relationships, without revealing the name of that ex-boyfriend. After taking a 10-month hiatus from dating, Whitney mentioned that she was dating a medical doctor. However, she didn’t reveal his name.
- Lenny Kravitz (2016) – In June 2016, the paparazzi spotted Whitney and veteran singer Lenny Kravitz on a dinner date at Nobu Restaurant.
- Miles Skinner (2017-Present) – The comedienne made an appearance on the talk show, Conan, in October 2017 to promote her book and stated that she met her boyfriend of 10 months online on a dating application. The man she was talking about turned out to be Miles Skinner who works as a Group Creative Director in an advertising firm called VICE Media and also as a freelance brand strategist for several high profile companies. He proposed to Whitney on her birthday in September 2018. The couple also shares a mutual love for animals, particularly dogs.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Scottish descent.
- Tall and lean physical frame
- Deep, emphatic voice
- Small, sharp nose
- High cheekbones
- Thin and sharply arched eyebrows
10 (US) or 7.5 (UK) or 40.5 (EU) (via a now deleted tweet)
- She has been featured in promotional videos for Lexus CT 200h.
- Whitney did a video series for Tinder to introduce their Reactions feature.
- Through her social media accounts, she has often promoted various brands such as Cool Haus ice-cream, Leeza Braun jewelry, NetJets, Cristina Ottaviano Womenswear, Away Luggage, and FabFitFun.
Best Known For
- Writing and creating the CBS sitcom, Two Broke Girls (2011-2017)
- Creating the NBC sitcom, Whitney (2011-2013). She was also cast to play the character of Whitney in the show.
In 2004, she made her theatrical film debut as CyberBunnyLilly in the thriller movie, EMR.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance in the reality series, Punk’d, in 2004.
- In 2014, Whitney used to train at Rise Movement gym with celebrity trainers Ben Bruno and Jason Walsh.
- Both the trainers help their clients get lean by emphasizing upon gaining organic strength and functional fitness through free weights and other fitness equipment which is not one dimensional.
- Ben Bruno often programs heavy rows, landmine deadlifts, and power sled pulls and pushes for all his female clients including Whitney.
- He once shared in an interview that he supervises exercises with heavy weights for glutes, hamstrings, and back but recommends moderate load and higher repetitions for all other body parts.
- In 2014, Jason Walsh shared a clip of Whitney hip thrusting 315 lbs for 12 repetitions on Instagram.
- Whitney attends SoulCycle classes every time she visits New York City.
- The comedienne wrote a memoir called I’m Fine … and other Lies (2017) in which she revealed her 15 year battle with anorexia that started in her teens and lasted throughout her 20s.
- From the age of 14 to 18, she only ate rice cakes, apples, and nonfat yogurt. In her 20s, the comedienne primarily survived on coffee.
- Her irrational fear of body fat made her extremely thin.
- Her disordered eating gave her monthly colds that aggravated into pneumonia a couple of times. It also resulted in chronic hair fall and inexplicable pain in various parts of her body.
- After visiting several doctors and therapists, she allowed her body to gain 25 pounds that resulted in greater vitality and youthful appearance.
- Whitney suffers from a dust allergy so severe that she had to remove carpet flooring from her home. She is also allergic to tomatoes and gluten.
- She avoids or maintains a minimal consumption of sugar, wheat, and caffeine.
- Whitney consumes a weed candy at bedtime in case she faces trouble falling asleep, especially, while staying in a hotel room.
- She always travels with a band-aid or duct-tape to cover specks of red or green light coming through any electronic device in her hotel room because she can only sleep well in pitch dark.
Whitney Cummings Favorite Things
- Restaurant – Nobu
- Vintage Book – The Scarlet Letter (1850) by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Book –The Female Brain (2006) by Louann Brizendine (Whitney has adapted the book into a screenplay and directed the movie.)
- Books She Likes To Recommend – Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari, The Fantasy Bond by Robert W. Firestone
- Comedic Influence – George Carlin
- Time Killing Habit – Browsing through e-commerce websites
- Credit Card Company – Jetblue
- Exercise Equipment While Traveling – Resistance bands
- Skincare Device – NuFace Toning device
- Ambiance Essential – Rose Diptyque candles
- Celebrity Idol – Mae West
- Coffee – Coconut Milk Mocha
Whitney Cummings Facts
- For many years, the comedienne had a cynical view of marriage because her parents got a bitter divorce when she was 5 years old. By the time she turned 15, she claimed to have witnessed 3 acrimonious divorces in her family.
- Whitney experienced bullying in school for her last name.
- She paid for her college tuition by working a non-glamorous modeling job. Whitney had to dress up in discount clothing outside the King of Prussia Mall in suburban Philadelphia, directing potential customers towards the sale counter.
- She performed her first stand-up show at the age of 22 in a bar on Vine Street, Fountain Avenue in Hollywood. However, she struggled to find an authentic on-stage style for 3 years after that.
- At one point of time, Whitney purchased a Lexus Hybrid and destroyed it the very first day she drove it by unknowingly filling the fuel tank with diesel. She later used that incident as material for her stand-up shows.
- Once Whitney started making good money, her most significant expense was to purchase health insurance so she could visit a neurologist to treat her chronic migraines.
- To sustain her creative energy and think outside the box, Whitney meditates and uses adult coloring books. She also likes to watch TED talks about the various subject she has no prior knowledge about and watches classic films and animated movies to spot details that are not readily noticeable.
- When running short of motivation, Whitney watches the documentary and videos of Serbian performance artist, Marina Abramović. She considers her as a significant source of inspiration.
- She has rescued 2 dogs from an animal shelter – a pit bull named Ramona and a Great Dane named Frankie.
- In 2017, Whitney also rescued a retired show horse named King. She frequently states that tending to animals is extremely therapeutic. She feels free from any sort of judgment when she’s around the animals which further helps her to nurture her inner child while also making her pets feel safe around her.
- To make a good impression on Michael Patrick King, best known for being the writer, director, and executive producer of Sex and the City series and movies, Whitney spent $800 of her then total $900 bank balance on a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes that she wore on her first meeting with him.
- She is a self-proclaimed workaholic to the point where Whitney confesses it as her biggest vice. Her drive partly stems from seeing her financially irresponsible parents battle debt during her childhood years.
- Stand-up comedy fulfills Whitney because, during her early years, she never had a voice that was taken seriously. Before landing sitcom deals on television, she would travel across the country to perform more than 80 stand-up shows a year.
- She is the first woman to perform stand-up comedy in Dubai and Beirut.
- She is good friends with actress Jennifer Aniston. In March 2021, she even got “I [heart emoji] J” tattooed on the bottom of her foot in honor of Jennifer during an episode of her Good For You podcast.
Featured Image by Alex42west / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0