|David Hasselhoff Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 17, 1952|
David Hasselhoff is an American actor, singer, producer, TV personality, and businessman who is best known for playing characters such as Dr. William ‘Snapper’ Foster Jr. in the TV soap opera The Young and the Restless (1975–1982), Michael Knight in the action crime drama TV series Knight Rider (1982–1986), and Mitch Buchannon in Baywatch (1989–2000). Besides a prolific acting career, he has also led a successful music career and has released several popular albums such as Night Rocker (1985), Looking for Freedom (1989), Crazy for You (1990), and David (1991). He had received a ‘Star’ on the ‘Hollywood Walk of Fame’ in 1996.
David Michael Hasselhoff
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
David had attended the Marist High School in Atlanta, Georgia, but had graduated, in 1970, from the Lyons Township High School in LaGrange, Illinois. He had then studied at Oakland University, a public research university in Michigan, before graduating with a degree in theater from the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts), a private art university in Santa Clarita, California.
Actor, Singer, Producer, TV Personality, Businessman
- Father – Joseph ‘Joe’ Vincent Hasselhoff (Business Executive) (d. November 16, 2014)
- Mother – Dolores Therese Hasselhoff (née Mullinex) (d. February 11, 2009)
- Siblings – Jean Hasselhoff (Younger Sister) (Actress), Lisa Hasselhoff (Younger Sister), Joyce Hasselhoff (Younger Sister), Daine Hasselhoff (Older Sister)
- Others – Lynne Roberts (Mother-in-Law), Steve Roberts (Father-in-Law) (Plasterer), Melissa Roberts (Sister-in-Law), Natasha Roberts (Sister-in-Law), Christian Roberts (Brother-in-Law), Mary K. Hickland (Ex-Mother-in-Law), Arthur W. Hickland (Ex-Father-in-Law) (d. April 1986), Douglas Driver (Brother-in-Law), Joseph Martin Hasselhoff (Paternal Grandfather), Myrtle Mary Bateman (Paternal Grandmother), Winfred Louis Mullinex (Maternal Grandfather), Gertrude Elizabeth Taylor (Maternal Grandmother), Rove McManus (Second Cousin) (Comedian, TV and Radio Presenter, Producer)
He is represented by Judy Katz, PR Agent, Katz PR, New York City, New York, United States.
Rock, Pop Rock, Hard Rock, Soft Rock
- Silver Blue
- Sony Music Entertainment
- White Records
- CBS Records
- Ariola Records
- Warner Music Group
- Polydor Records
- Edel SE & Co. KGaA
- Cleopatra Records
- Plastic Head
- Seven Days Music
- Allied Artists International
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David has dated –
- Roberta Leighton (1970-1971)
- Catherine Hickland (1981-1989) – David began dating actress, singer, author, and businesswoman Catherine Hickland in December 1981. They got married on March 24, 1984, and had parted ways in March 1989.
- Linda Morris (1988-1989)
- Pamela Bach (1989–2006) – David got married to actress Pamela Bach on December 8, 1989, and they have 2 daughters together named Taylor Ann Hasselhoff (b. May 5, 1990) and Hayley Amber Hasselhoff (b. August 26, 1992) (Actress, Plus-size Model). They had parted ways in January 2006 and their divorce was finalized in August 2006.
- Hayley Roberts (2012–Present) – He had started dating a Welsh woman named Hayley Roberts in 2012 and they got married on July 31, 2018, in a ceremony in Italy.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German, Irish, and English descent.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Clean-shaven look
- Deep voice
- Affable smile
David Hasselhoff Favorite Things
- Item In His Wardrobe – Eagle jacket
- Singers – Sammy Davis Jr. and John Davidson
- TV Show – 1923
- Workout – Chest lift
- Place To Travel – Austria
- Movie – Dances with Wolves
- Restaurant In New York City – Grand Salon at the Baccarat and the Polo Bar
Source – Us Magazine
David Hasselhoff Facts
- He is listed in the ‘Alumni Hall of Fame’ at the Lyons Township High School in LaGrange, Illinois. The school has also installed a plaque with his image on display on their ‘Wall of Fame’ in the main corridor.
- At the school, he was a member of the speech team, president of the choir, and the captain of their volleyball team.
- He is an outdoor sports enthusiast and his interests include scuba diving, hiking, and white water rafting.
- His autobiography titled Making Waves was launched, in the UK, in September 2006.
- He is an ardent supporter of the professional Scottish soccer team Partick Thistle F.C.
- His ideal comfort food is dim sum.
- One of the proudest moments in his career was singing at the Berlin Wall in 1989 on New Year’s Eve.
- His first car was a Ford Falcon. David also had a black Porsche 928 with a tan interior in the past. He had purchased it for $54,000.
- The first place that he had traveled to via train was Frankfurt.
Featured Image by David Hasselhoff / Instagram