|Mae West Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 17, 1893|
Mae West was an American actress, singer, playwright, screenwriter, comedian, and s*x symbol who was best known for her husky contralto voice, breezy s*xual independence, and double meaning way of talking.
Mary Jane West
Mae, Queen of the World, The Statue of Libido
Mae was born on August 17, 1893.
She died on November 22, 1980, at the age of 87 in Los Angeles, California, United States due to cardiovascular disease.
Kings County, New York, United States
Mae attended Erasmus Hall High School.
Actress, Singer, Playwright, Screenwriter, Comedian
- Father – John Patrick West (Investigator, Special Policeman)
- Mother – Mathilde Delker (Corset and Fashion Model)
- Siblings – Katie West (Older Sister), Mildred Katherine West (Younger Sister), John Edwin West II (Younger Brother)
- Others – John Edwin West (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Jane Copley (Paternal Grandmother), Jakob Delker (Maternal Grandfather), Christiana Brüning (Maternal Grandmother)
Holiday, Jazz, Blues, Pop, Soundtrack
She had released her music with various record labels including Black & Partners LLC., Dionysus Records, and Master Classics Records.
5 ft or 152.5 cm
42 kg or 92.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mae had dated –
- Chalky Wright
- John Indrisano
- Duke Ellington
- Abel Baer
- Steve Cochran
- Bugsy Siegel
- David Niven
- Joe Louis
- Anthony Quinn
- Victor McLaglen
- Frank Wallace (1911-1943) –
- Guido Deiro (1914-1920) – According to the biography Mae West: Dirty Blonde, Mae had an abortion done upon the guidance of her mother.
- James Timony
- George Raft (1932)
- Max Baer (1933)
- Gary Cooper (1933) – Rumor
- Jack La Rue (1936)
- Steve Rossi (1954)
- Paul Novak (1956-1980)
- Gorilla Jones
- Chester Rybinski
Race / Ethnicity
She had Irish and English ancestry on her father’s side and German ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Her curly platinum blonde hair
- Rampant double entendres
- Voluptuous figure
Mae had appeared in various commercials such as –
- Poland Spring Water
- Bentley Baths
- White Owl
Mae West Favorite Things
- Sweet Dish – Chocolate
- Precious Metal – Diamonds
- Kind Of Water – Spring Water
- Fragrance – Joy Perfume
- Cookies – Fortune Cookies
- Color – Mauve
Source – She Wore Stars
Mae West Facts
- Her mother Mathilde and her family relocated from Bavaria to America in 1886.
- Mae’s parents got married to one another on January 18, 1889, in Brooklyn.
- It was an aunt who was a midwife that delivered Mae at home.
- Mae lost her oldest sister Katie in infancy.
- She was raised as a protestant.
- Mae was 5 years old when she entertained a crowd at church for the first time and by the age of 7, she had already been appearing in shows. It was her mother who encouraged her to take up performing as a career.
- She started her career under the stage name “Baby Mae” and later changed it to “Jane Mast”.
- In the year August 1980, Mae suffered a heart attack and fell after tripping while getting out of bed and lost her ability to speak. Later, on November 22, 1980, Mae passed away.
Featured Image By Insomnia Cured Here / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0