|Anthony Quinn Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 21, 1915|
|Date of Death||June 3, 2001|
Anthony Quinn was a Mexican actor, film director, theatre artist, producer, painter, sculptor, restaurateur, and writer who won the Academy Award for “Best Supporting Actor” twice: for Viva Zapata! (1952) and Lust for Life (1956). He is also known for his work in other movies like Zorba the Greek, Wild Is the Wind, Guns for San Sebastian, La Strada, Seven Servants, Lawrence of Arabia, Jungle Fever, The Shoes of the Fisherman, Lion of the Desert, The Guns of Navarone, and The Message.
Manuel Antonio Rodolfo Quinn Oaxaca
Anthony Quinn, Tony
He was born on April 21, 1915.
On June 3, 2001, Anthony Quinn died of respiratory failure (due to complications from radiation treatment for lung cancer) at the age of 86 in Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
Quinn Family Estate, Bristol County, Rhode Island, United States
During his last years, he resided in Bristol, Rhode Island, United States.
Anthony Quinn studied at Hammel Street Elementary School, Belvedere Junior High School, Polytechnic High School, and Belmont High School in Los Angeles. However, he dropped out before graduating high school. He also studied art and architecture under Frank Lloyd Wright.
He was later awarded an honorary high-school diploma by Tucson High School in Arizona in June 1987.
Actor, Film Director, Theatre Artist, Producer, Painter, Sculptor, Restaurateur, Writer
- Father – Francisco “Frank” Quinn (Reportedly rode with Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa during the Mexican Revolution and then worked as an assistant cameraman at a movie studio)
- Mother – Manuela “Nellie” (née Oaxaca)
- Others – Frank/Francisco Quinn (Paternal Grandfather), Sabina Espinoza/Espinosa López (Paternal Grandmother), Maria Pallares (Maternal Grandmother)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth was $20 Million at the time of his death.
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anthony Quinn had dated –
- Lupe Velez
- Amália Rodrigues
- Pia Lindström
- Lili St. Cyr
- Yvonne De Carlo
- Evelyn Keyes
- Mae West
- Estelle Taylor
- Katherine DeMille (1936-1965) – In 1936, he started dating actor Katherine DeMille and they married the following year. They had 5 children – Christopher Quinn (October 27, 1938 – March 15, 1941), Christina Quinn (b. December 1, 1941), Catalina Quinn (b. November 21, 1942), Duncan Quinn (b. August 4, 1945), and Valentina Quinn (b. December 26, 1952). Christopher was 2 years old when he drowned in the lily pond of W. C. Fields. Anthony and Katherine divorced (reportedly due to his affair with Jolanda Addolori) in 1965.
- Carole Lombard (1936)
- Marlene Dietrich (1941)
- Rita Hayworth (1941)
- Rita Moreno
- Ruth Warrick (1944)
- Suzan Ball (1952-1953)
- Barbara Stanwyck (1953)
- Jolanda Addolori (1961-1997) – He became romantically involved with Italian costume designer Jolanda Addolori in 1961 and they married in 1966. They had 3 sons – Francesco Quinn (March 22, 1963 – August 5, 2011), Danny Quinn (b. April 16, 1964), and Lorenzo Quinn (b. May 7, 1966). They divorced in August 1997.
- Ingrid Bergman (1964)
- Inger Stevens (1969)
- Shelley Winters (1970)
- Friedel Dunbar (1972-1977) – He dated Friedel Dunbar between 1972 and 1977 and they had 2 children – Sean Quinn (b. February 7, 1973) and Alexander Anthony Quinn (b. December 30, 1976).
- Katherine Benvin (1992-2001) – In 1992, he started dating Katherine Benvin and they had 2 children – daughter Antonia Patricia Rose Quinn (b. July 23, 1993) and son Ryan Nicholas Quinn (b. July 5, 1996). They married in December 1997 and remained together until his death in 2001.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Hispanic)
Quinn was of Irish and Mexican (Spanish and Indigenous) descent.
Salt and Pepper
Rich, smooth voice
Anthony Quinn Favorite Things
- Spot – The backyard of his house near an old maple tree
- Pasttimes – Drafting, Drawing
- One Of His Favorite Characters From All His Movies – Playing Alexis Zorba in Zorba the Greek (1964)
Anthony Quinn Facts
- During his younger years, he boxed professionally in order to earn money.
- On February 8, 1960, he was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In February 1990, he underwent quadruple heart bypass surgery.
Featured Image by Unknown Author / eBay / Public Domain