|Justin Chambers Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||July 11, 1970|
Justin Chambers is an American actor, singer, voiceover artist, and model who is known for his portrayal of Dr. Alex Karev in the popular long-running romance medical drama series, Grey’s Anatomy. He has also won several awards, such as Prism Award and People’s Choice Award, and nominations for his role. He started his career as a model after he was discovered by a modeling agent in the Paris Metro and worked for a number of well-known brands of the fashion industry including Calvin Klein and Dolce & Gabbana. Soon after, Justin Chambers realized his passion for acting and moved to New York to pursue his dreams and started acting in several roles. He has appeared in a number of shows and movies such as Grey’s Anatomy: B-Team, Broken City, Another World, Private Practice, Southern Belles, Cold Case, The Musketeer, The Wedding Planner, Four Corners, Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Séries express, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, World Animal News, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, and Entertainment Tonight. Justin Chambers has also garnered a huge social media fan base and enjoys more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram and more than 700k followers on Twitter.
Justin Willman Chambers
Springfield, Clark County, Ohio, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Justin Chambers studied at the Southeastern Local High School (a.k.a. Southeastern High School) which is located in South Charleston, Clark County, Ohio, United States. Then, he got enrolled at HB Studio (Herbert Berghof Studio), located in Greenwich Village, New York City, New York, as well as at Ron Stetson Studios and studied for 4 years.
Actor, Model, Singer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – John William Eugene Chambers II (Deputy Sheriff)
- Mother – Pamela Sue (Willman) (Deputy Sheriff)
- Siblings – John Jr. (Chip) (Older Brother), Mia (Older Sister), Susan (Older Sister), Jason (Fraternal Twin Brother)
- Others – John William Eugene Chambers (Paternal Grandfather), Dorothy Daugherty (Paternal Grandmother), William Daugherty (Paternal Great Grandfather), Maude Enyart (Paternal Great Grandmother), James William Willman (Maternal Grandfather), David Nelson Willman (Maternal Great Grandfather), Sarah Esther Dement (Maternal Great Grandmother), Dorothy Ann Clark (Maternal Grandmother)
Justin Chambers is represented by Anonymous Content, Talent Management Company, Culver City, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
5 ft 10¾ in or 179.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Justin Chambers has dated –
- Keisha Chambers – Justin Chambers started going out with the former model agency booker, Keisha Chambers, after they met one another during an ad campaign for Calvin Klein. At that time, she used to work at the modeling agency. Justin Chambers and Keisha decided to tie the knot in the year 1993 after they have been dating for a while. The couple was blessed with their first child, a daughter named Isabella in December 1994 and soon became parents to twins, Maya and Kaila, in June 1997. In March 1999, their daughter, Eva, was born and they welcomed their son, Jackson in January 2002. Regarding their relationship, Justin Chambers has said that “We’ve been together for so long that I really don’t know any other way to be” and “I can remember lying in bed with her years ago and having conversations about our grandparents — and now our grandparents are gone. We’ve gone through that together, and now our parents are getting older and we’re going through that together. Every relationship has its ups and downs, but I’m glad I get to go through the ups and downs with her.” Their family shares a loving bond and Justin Chambers has also shared pictures of his family members on Instagram. They all try to live a low-key life as much as they can and Chambers’s daughters are also interested in music. His children mean the world to him and he has said that nothing makes him happier than watching them smile and laugh.
Race / Ethnicity
Justin Chambers is of English, Irish, and German descent.
- Deep-set eyes
- Often wears a cap and a pair of glasses
- Light beard
- Several tattoos such as the names of his wife and children, a ring of fire tattoo on his arm, and the number 7
Justin Chambers has done endorsement work for a couple of brands such as Calvin Klein.
Best Known For
- Having worked for a number of brands such as Armani, Calvin Klein, and Dolce & Gabbana across Europe, Japan, and the United States
- Having been cast as Dr. Alex Karev in the ABC romance medical drama series, Grey’s Anatomy, in which he starred alongside the likes of Ellen Pompeo, Sandra Oh, Katherine Heigl, Chandra Wilson, Patrick Dempsey, Kate Walsh, Sara Ramirez, Eric Dane, Chyler Leigh, Jessica Capshaw, Kim Raver, Sarah Drew, and Camilla Luddington. He gained massive popularity for his role and has won several awards and nominations which include winning the Satellite Award (2006) for the “Best Ensemble in Television” (Shared with the cast), Screen Actors Guild Award (2007) for the “Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series” (Shared with the cast), Prism Award (2014) in the “Male Performance in a Drama Series Multi-Episode Storyline” category, and People’s Choice Award (2017) in the “Favorite Dramatic TV Actor” category.
- Playing a variety of roles in numerous shows such as Officer Nick Caso in New York Undercover, Nick Hudson in Another World, Caleb Haskell in Four Corners, Adult Hocking in Seasons of Love, Chris Lassing in Cold Case, Dr. Alex Karev in Private Practice, Rick in Swift Justice, and Dr. Alex Karev in Grey’s Anatomy: B-Team
As a Singer
Justin Chambers has performed a couple of songs in Grey’s Anatomy such as Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!, Running on Sunshine, How To Save A Life, and Bright Lights, Big City.
Justin Chambers made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Trey Tobelseted in the romantic comedy-drama film, Liberty Heights, in 1999. Directed by Barry Levinson, the film starred the likes of Adrien Brody, Bebe Neuwirth, and Joe Mantegna.
As a voiceover artist, he made his feature film debut by providing vocals to the character of The Flash/Barry Allen in the animated action-adventure film, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, in 2013.
First TV Show
Justin Chambers made his first TV show appearance as Nicholas ‘Nick’ Hudson in an episode of the romantic drama soap opera, Another World in September 1995.
Justin Chambers maintains a healthy lifestyle to stay fit and also indulges in hot yoga sessions whenever he gets the appropriate time. Although he has said that he has a love-hate relationship with hot yoga, it has helped him stay fit through the years.
Justin Chambers Favorite Things
- Timeless Essential – A vintage navy blue wool peacoat
- Number – 7
- One Of His Favorite Quotes – “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” by the late comedian Milton Berle
- TV Shows – River Monsters, Judge Judy
- One Of His Favorite Bands – The Band
Justin Chambers Facts
- He was raised in Springfield, Clark County, Ohio along with his siblings.
- He has a fraternal twin brother, while, he also fathers fraternal twins.
- During his younger years, Justin Chambers wanted to become a dentist.
- While growing up, Justin Chambers and his fraternal twin often suffered from bouts of pneumonia and were frequently hospitalized.
- When he was in high school, he used to sell orthopedic shoes.
- A modeling scout discovered him while he was on the Paris Metro during a vacation.
- Initially, Justin Chambers started his career as a model but as soon as he realized his passion for acting, which was around 1990s, he shifted to New York City, New York.
- He has suffered from a biological sleep disorder, about which he did not reveal until late January 2008, due to which he checked himself into Los Angeles’s UCLA Medical Center to treat exhaustion after a period of only 2 hours of sleep each week.
- He has been a part of the nonprofit Pentecostal Christian Church mission, Dream Center, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Justin Chambers has also been featured in the music video of the song Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band.
- He has never much cared about being trendy and believes that one should stick to the things that he/she likes irrespective of the things that are in trend. Moreover, he has also said that after being in the industry for so long, you become somewhat numb to style and fashion.
- He has also been cast in a variety of movies in roles such as George in Harvest of Fire, Cole Clayborne in Rose Hill, Massimo in The Wedding Planner, D’Artagnan in The Musketeer, Ryan Eames in Leo, Charles Brody in The Secret Service, Rhett Butler in Southern Belles, Matt Parish in The Zodiac, Donnie Eaton in Lakeview Terrace, and Ryan in Broken City. Also, he has appeared as a guest on shows such as Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, The View, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Rachael Ray, and Good Morning America.
- His family has adopted 2 rescue dogs and also has a pet beagle named D’Artagnan. He has also often fixated on the importance of rescuing dogs and to have your pet spayed or neutered.
- At some point in his life, Justin Chambers had a pet goose named George.
- He loves wearing suits.
- He has flown on Concorde, a French-British turbojet-powered supersonic passenger airliner, and was, in fact, one of the last people to fly on it as they operated from 1976 until 2003.
- His very first car was a 1973 Dodge Dart Swinger.
- Justin Chambers has confessed in an interview that in his house, he does not have the image of ‘Mr. Fix-It’ and gets annoyed very easily, especially while assembling IKEA furniture.
- Regarding his tattoo of number ‘7’, he has said that “It’s known as the lucky number in Vegas, but it’s known as the number of perfection in Biblical terms”.
- His childhood crush has been actress, model, author, singer, acting coach, and adjunct professor, Lindsay Wagner, and he once took an acting class just so that he could meet her.
- His hobbies include playing tennis.
- Justin Chambers enjoys listening to the music of Italian composer, orchestrator, conductor, and former trumpet player, Ennio Morricone.
- He has said that he has been obsessed by the Book of Revelation, which is the final book of the New Testament, and therefore also the final book of the Christian Bible.
- He has been long-time friends with Ann-Margret, who is a Swedish actress, singer, and dancer.
Featured Image by Alice / Flickr / CC BY 2.0