Kimberly Jayne Raver
New York City, New York, USA
Primarily lives in New York City, but if her work demands, she often relocates temporarily to Los Angeles with her family.
Kim studied in a boarding school in Northfield, Massachusetts called Northfield Mount Hermon School. Thereafter, she received her Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts in 1991 from Boston University. Her major was drama.
- Step Father – Chris Meltesen
- Mother – Tina Raver
- Siblings – Cybele Raver (Older Sister)
- Others – Nadja Raver (Half-Sister), Grace Raver (Half-Sister), Aimée Raver (Half-Sister), Jacob Raver (Half-Brother), William Raver (Half-Brother)
She is represented by –
- WME Beverly Hills, California
- Atlas Artists
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Manuel Boyer (1999–Present) – Kim met her filmmaker and art director husband at a poolside gathering in New York. The actress wants to keep the details of her first meeting secret but hints she was inside the swimming pool when she came across her husband-to-be for the very first time. The two dated for a year and eventually got married in 2000. The couple has two sons together: Luke West Boyer (b. 2002) and Leo Kipling Boyer (b. 2007). Kim frequently elaborates how marrying a Frenchman has widened her perception and made her conscious of what is happening outside the USA. She claims greater proficiency in the French language as she has to use it to interact with her in-laws and speaks highly of the French cuisine.
Race / Ethnicity
She has German ancestry from mother’s side.
- Long, slender face and legs
- Protruding Eyes
35-25-35 in or 89-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 8 (UK) or 34 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 7 (UK) or 40 (EU)
- Kim posed nude for a Vaseline ad while expecting her second child in 2007.
- She also teamed up with Colgate to promote greater health awareness among women.
- Kim has been seen in commercials about Visa and Jeep.
Her religious beliefs are not confirmed.
Best Known For
Following prime-time TV roles –
- As Kim Zambrano in Third Watch (1999-2005)
- Audrey Raines in 24 (2004–2007 & 2014)
- Teddy Altman in Grey’s Anatomy (2009–2012)
Kim played a character named Kashia in the black comedy called Martin & Orloff (2002)
First TV Show
From 1975 to 1978, she appeared as Kim in the children’s series Sesame Street.
- While shooting for Third Watch, Kim had no kids so she spent a lot of time running, swimming and doing Yoga.
- After two kids, training continuously for two and a half hours started feeling like a waste of time to Kim.
- She goes out for a run whenever she can while accompanying her sons, but still sticks to Yoga religiously, claiming it to be the ultimate rejuvenating downtime a working actor can have from a busy life.
- Being a mother, constantly on the move from 6 am to 11 pm also helps in staying lean.
- If she is in LA or NYC, Kim frequently attends a ‘SoulCycle’ spin class.
Kim Raver Diet
- In terms of diet, Kim prefers the French dining format of consuming small portions of dense food, rich in flavor which prevents frequent hunger cravings.
- Her weeknight dinner is usually made up of grilled chicken / salmon with string beans and a salad. She allows herself complex carbs in the form of quinoa or brown rice depending upon the amount of cardio she has done that day.
- During long days of filming, she shops for all the meals at Whole Foods.
- Though Kim mostly stays conscious of what she eats, she enjoys an occasional downtime drinking beer with her friends.
- Kim says it is important to pay attention to your skin and hair which are the first to show signs of damage if you don’t sleep well or drink enough water.
Kim Raver Favorite Things
- Quote – The Truth will set you free, but first, it will piss you off.
- Indulgences – Almond Butter, Coffee, and Dark Chocolate
- Ice Cream – Dark chocolate gelato
- Skin Indulgence – Skin purifying oil, Shu Uemera and moisturizer, Crème de la Mer
- Toothpaste – Colgate Total Advanced Whitening
- Exercise Class – SoulCycle
- Makeup Style – Smokey Eyes
- Hometown Restaurant – Bridgehampton Candy Kitchen
- Means of Local Travel – Subway in NYC
- NYC Restaurant safe from Paparazzi – Bobo
- NYC Restaurant for Girl’s Night Out – Schiller’s or La Esquina
- NYC Shopping Outlets – Boutiques in the Lower East Side or NoLita (North of Little Italy, Manhatten)
- NYC Place for Date Night – West Village
- Outing for Kids – The Central Park Skating Rink
Source – WebMD, Shape, Hamptons, Rachel Bowie
Kim Raver Facts
- Kim started acting at the age of 6. She was a part of Sesame Street for 3 years. (1975-1978).
- Kim’s mother used the money she made as a child to put her through an expensive private school.
- The first time Kim took acting seriously was when she joined the theater company The First All Children’s Theatre for kids in the age group of 6-18 years. She practiced during weekdays and performed benefit shows on Broadway at weekends.
- Despite working alongside industry bigwigs early in her career, Kim feels grateful that she did not acquire major fame and visibility until she was happily settled with a loving husband and kids.
- Being a mother made her efficient on moving at a fast-forward pace. She used to learn her lines while nursing her second son on the sets of Lipstick Jungle and can now finish her makeup in 15 minutes, what normally would take her more than an hour to accomplish.
- She reveals that a TV show’s pace and the load is much faster and heavier than filming a movie. Kim has worked 16-hour days to shoot 10 pages of scenes that she thoroughly memorized the day before!
- She has a pet dog named Jack.
- Owing to a German mother, Kim speaks fluent French and German.
- Follow her on Twitter.