Marcus Jamal Hopson
Panorama City, Los Angeles, California, United States
Hopsin was enrolled at the James Monroe High School in Los Angeles. At the high school, he was put in the special educational classes.
In 2004, while in senior year, he decided to drop out of school to focus on his music career.
Rapper, actor, music director, record producer
- Father – Worked as a security guard.
- Mother – Worked at a medical company.
- Siblings – He has 2 brothers.
Hopsin is represented by Mike Malak of Coda Music Agency.
- Undercover Prodigy
- Funk Volume (former)
- Ruthless Records (former)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hopsin has dated –
- Alyce – Until he exposed Alyce as a gold digger in an Instagram post in December 2015, Hopsin seemed to be in a happy and committed relationship. Unlike many other rappers, he wasn’t linked up with other women nor was he pictured getting cozy to any model at the parties. He has expresses his unconditional love for his girl in numerous social media posts. In December 2014, he even revealed that he was moving to Australia and taking a temporary retirement to spend more time with his girlfriend. He posted a picture of him at the airport with his bags to make it clear that he wasn’t joking.
Race / Ethnicity
- Cut eyebrows
- Silver hued eye contacts
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14.5 in or 37 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Hopsin has starred in the TV commercials for –
- Underground All-Star
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- The popularity of Ill Mind of Hopsin video series, which received over a million views in 24 hours.
- Taking shots at a number of leading rappers including Drake, Rick Ross and Soulja Boy in his single Sag My Pants.
In October 2009, Hopsin released his debut studio album, Gazing at the Moonlight.The album failed to perform commercially and sold just 42 copies in its first week.
He made his first film appearance in a minor role as Pizza Parlor Guy in Max Keeble’s Big Move in 2001.
First TV Show
In 2003, Hopsin was seen in 1 episode of supernatural sitcom series, That’s So Raven as guy #2.
Hopsin’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t available.
Hopsin Favorite Things
- Rapper – Eminem
- Eminem Album – The Marshall Mathers LP
- While growing up, Hopsin was ostracized by other black kids due to his shy nature. He also had to endure bullying while growing up due to his struggles to fit in.
- Hopsin decided on using colored contact lenses for his music videos because he wanted to differentiate himself from other African American rappers.
- After his dispute with the Ruthless Records for the release of his debut album, he decided to establish his independent record label, Funk Volume with Damien Ritter and his younger brother.
- In March 2016, Hopsin announced that he was leaving Funk Volume after a financial dispute with his co-founders and starting his own record label company, Undercover Prodigy.
- After dropping from high school, he installed FL Studio (known as FruityLoops at the time) on his computer and bought an eight dollar microphone from Walmart to start his music career.
- When he announced his I am Raw music tour, he didn’t have any venues nor did he had any connection in the industry to book some. Instead, he used fan generated buzz to get 30 venues across US and Canada.
- In August 2012, he was arrested by the police authorities in Orlando on the charges of disorderly conduct after he had got involved in an altercation at the nightclub after promoters chose to cancel his performance at last minute.
- In September 2016, he was arrested in Australia for having assaulted a woman. He was released on a two-year good behavior bond and 12-month Apprehended Violence Order, which is similar to restraining order.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, and Myspace.