|Tech N9ne Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 8, 1971|
Tech N9ne is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, actor, and entrepreneur who co-founded the record label Strange Music alongside his business partner Travis O’Guin in 1999. His discography consists of several albums, extended plays, and tracks like The Lost Scripts of K.O.D., The Calm Before the Storm, Asin9ne, Everready (The Religion), Planet, Killer, Special Effects, Fear Exodus, Caribou Lou, Anghellic, Absolute Power, K.O.D., Enterfear, All 6’s and 7’s, The Worst, Something Else, Here Comes Tecca Nina, The Storm, N9na, Boiling Point, Therapy, Soul Searchin, I’m a Playa (ft. Krizz Kaliko), Like Yeah, Gangsta Shap (ft. Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun), Bout Ta’ Bubble, Red Nose, Nothin’ (ft. Big Scoob and Messy Marv), Show Me a God, Low, Worldwide Choppers (ft. Busta Rhymes, Ceza, D-Loc, JL of B. Hood, Twista, Twisted Insane, U$O, and Yelawolf), Am I a Psycho? (ft. B.o.B and Hopsin), Hood Go Crazy (ft. 2 Chainz and B.o.B.), Speedom (Worldwide Choppers 2) (ft. Krizz Kaliko and Eminem), Sriracha (ft. Logic and Joyner Lucas), Don’t Nobody Want None, and My Own Zone (ft. Futuristic and Dizzy Wright). Moreover, Tech N9ne has also been cast in many shows and movies like Night of the Living Dead: Origins 3D, Big Money Rustlas, When I Was 17, and Wild ‘n Out.
Aaron Dontez Yates
Tech N9ne (pronounced as Tech Nine), Teach N9ne, Tecca Ninna
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Tech N9ne went to the Southwest High School in Kansas City.
His big break, which came in the form of performing at the opening for EPMD, came on the day he was supposed to attend his high school graduation.
Rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, actor, entrepreneur
- Mother – Maude Sue Yates-Kalifah (Suffered from epilepsy and lupus, and passed away in June 2014)
- Siblings – Basimah Khalifah (Sister) (YouTube beauty vlogger with over 40,000 subscribers)
Tech N9ne has been managed by Travis O’Guin.
He has also been represented by –
- Paradigm Talent Agency
- Strange Music, Inc., Music Artists Management Company, Missouri, United States
Hip hop, horrorcore, rap-rock, hardcore rap, chopper
Strange Music, RBC Records, Interscope, Qwest Records, Perspective A&M, Warner Bros. Records
His net worth had been $18 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tech N9ne has dated –
- Lecoya LeJeune – Aaron Yates got married to Lecoya LeJeune in 1995 after having dated for some time. For most of their married life, their marriage remained very much in the shadows as he opted to keep his private life firmly personal. His marriage was ironically in the news when he filed for divorce in August 2015. The marriage that lasted 20 years looks good on paper, but his divorce documents revealed that they had separated 10 years ago. In his divorce filing, he asked for joint custody of their daughter Reign, who was 16 years old at the time of divorce.
Note – Yates is also the father to another daughter named Alyia Yates and a son named Dontez Yates.
Race / Ethnicity
- Bushy beard
- Often bald or has a very short cropped hairstyle
- Often has white paint over his face while performing
In February 2016, he narrated a Super Bowl advertisement for Sporting KC.
He has also appeared in a TV advert for F.T.I.
Plus, his song was used in a TV commercial for the fast-food chain, Burger King. However, due to a contractual dispute, the advert wasn’t released.
He was raised in a Christian family.
However, the difficult times his family had to face made him question his faith. Currently, his religious views aren’t clearly known but going by his quotes, he seems to be leaning towards agnosticism.
Best Known For
- Having collaborated with a host of popular rappers and music artists such as Snoop Dogg, T-Pain, Twista, Lil Wayne, and Busta Rhymes
- The commercial success of his studio album, Absolute Power, which was released in 2002
In 1999, Tech released his debut studio album, The Calm Before the Storm.
In 2003, Tech made his first film appearance in a documentary, Beef, which recounted some of the biggest feuds in rap history.
In 2006, he made his theatrical debut in the crime drama flick, Vengeance.
First TV Show
In 2009, Tech made his TV show debut in the Zapp & Roger episode of the documentary TV series, Unsung.
Tech decided to follow a healthy and fit lifestyle after getting a wake-up call in 2011. He hired a personal trainer and started following a rigorous workout plan that had cardio as well as weight lifting sessions.
He was working out for an hour with his personal trainer in the gym. And, after returning home, he did half an hour of cardio session on the treadmill. His gym sessions emphasized core work as well as lower body exercises along with lifting weights.
Tech N9ne Favorite Things
- Music Albums – Anghellic (2001) by Tech N9ne, Live on the Sunset Strip (1982) by Richard Pryor, Motor Booty Affair (1978) by Parliament, It’s Dark And Hell Is Hot (1998) by DMX, Dummy (1994) by Portishead, Evil Empire (1996) by Rage Against the Machine, Flo’Ology (2005) by Floetry, Slippery When Wet (1986) by Bon Jovi, among others.
- Rapper – Eminem
- Hip Hop Influences – Slick Rick, N.W.A, Boogie Down Productions, Esham, Public Enemy, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Eric B. & Rakim, Natas, Schoolly D, Just-Ice, OutKast, and Biggie Smalls
- Other Genre Influences – Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, AC/DC, Linkin Park, Elton John, Floetry, Slipknot, Metallica, Serj Tankian, System of a Down, and Gnarls Barkley
Tech N9ne Facts
- His loyal and intense fans are called the “Technitions”. And, partly due to his fans’ fervent devotion to him, some malignant sections of the media started a rumor that he was a devil worshipper and leader of a satanic cult.
- In his interview with Hip Hop DX, he has revealed that he was molested by his school teacher while he was studying in 7th grade.
- He has co-founded a record label by the name of Strange Music along with his manager Travis O’Guin.
- If he hadn’t become a rapper, he would have ended up in jail because of his affiliation with local gangs. He sold drugs while growing up.
- One of the reasons behind painting his face for performances is because of his fear of clowns. Another reason is that girls found him cute when he was starting out and he wanted to see whether they would love his music when he had painted his face.
- He has been a vocal and stern critic of racism. He has criticized Nazi culture and skinheads in his interviews.
- His moniker Tech N9ne was inspired by a TEC-9 semi-automatic handgun. The popular rapper Black Walt was impressed by his fast rhyming Chopper style and felt it was like TEC-9 firing bullets.
- On October 8, 2021, he released his 23rd studio album titled Asin9ne and it peaked at number #11 on the US Independent Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #41 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart, and at number #82 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
Featured Image by Mizery Made / Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 3.0