Carl Terrell Mitchell
Twista, Tung Twista
Chicago, Illinois, United States
He lives on the outskirts of Chicago.
Twista went to the Collins High School in Chicago.
Rapper, Record producer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – His mother was a single parent and raised him single handedly.
- Siblings – He is oldest of his brothers and sisters.
Twista is managed by Rawle Stewart.
He is also represented by Showtime Entertainment Agency.
Hip hop, Rap
Capitol, Get Money Gang, Atlantic Records, Loud, Zoo (Volcano Entertainment), BMG
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Twista has dated
- Karrine Steffans – Twista is reported to have had a fling with former stripper and model Karrine Steffans. Karrine wrote about their fling in her memoir The Vixen Diaries, which was published in 2007.
- Rashida (1991-1999) – Twista got married to Rashida even before he had launched his music career. They had been dating for some time by then. In 1994, Rashida gave birth to their daughter, Aaliyah Mitchell. By 1996, they had separated due to unspecified reasons. In 1999, she filed for divorce. Their divorce settlement would later lead to a big dispute between them as she alleged that he had falsely claimed he was earning $2,000 a month, which led to judge ordering Twista to pay $100 in child support to Rashida. In 2003, the judge increased child support to $460 a month. However, in 2004, she filed a lawsuit alleging that Twista had failed to pay child support in the past couple of months and she didn’t have money to buy new clothes for their daughter’s new school term.
Race / Ethnicity
- Silver filled teeth
- Often wears big chains and lockets
- Nearly bald head
His body specifications like chest, waist and biceps measurements are unknown.
Twista has done endorsement work for Reebok. The footage of his song was used in their TV commercial.
In his early days as a rapper, he was a devout Muslim.
However, he seems to have gone off the rails over the past couple of years.
Best Known For
- The popularity and success of his studio album, Kamikaze, which managed to sneak to the top of U.S. Billboard 200 album charts.
- His ability to rap extremely fast.
- Having collaborated with popular artists such as Busta Rhymes, Kanye West, and CeeLo Green.
In June 1992, Twista released his debut studio album Runnin’ Off at da Mouth, which didn’t achieve much success. Also, the album was released under his old moniker, Tung Twista.
Twista hasn’t appeared in a theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2004, rapper Twista made his first TV show appearance as himself on the sketch comedy show, MADtv.
The rapper Twista’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t available.
Twista Favorite Things
- Food – Crab legs
- Movies – The Matrix franchise
- Sports Team – The Chicago Bears
Source – Dub Magazine
- In June 2014, his bodyguard Davy Easterling was found dead in a burnout building. He was shot in the chest and his throat was slit as well before his killer set his body on fire.
- He holds the distinction of being the first rapper to pronounce 598 syllables in 55 seconds. He was awarded Guinness award for his achievement.
- He was introduced to music by his family at a fairly young age and by the age of 12, he had started rapping. Instead of common conception, he grew up listening to house music.
- He was first discovered by a Chicago based DJ at the show held at the Gold Dome on Chicago’s West Side. The DJ decided to become his manager.
- He was raised in one of the most impoverished neighborhoods of Chicago, which was also infamous for crime, drug addiction, and addicts.
- Before he found success as a rapper, he held a number of miscellaneous jobs including a security guard, telemarketer, barber, working at the factory, shoe salesman and working at McDonald’s.
- Twista’s second studio album, Resurrection couldn’t be released outside of Chicago due to his problems with his record label and due to the fact that another rapper Common has released an album by the same name.
- In April 2016, Twista was arrested along with 6 other men from his entourage for marijuana possession. He pleaded not guilty to Class B misdemeanor possession of marijuana. He was eventually released on a $500 bond.
- He got his breakthrough with the release of his album, Adrenalin Rush. And, while working on it, he used to work at a car wash.
- In 2010, he and GMG team partnered with Chicago Food Bank’s Produce mobile program to feed poor and hungry in Chicago in the holiday season.
- Visit his official website @ twista.com.
- Follow rapper Twista on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, iTunes, and Myspace.