|Logic (Musician) Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 22, 1990|
Sir Robert Bryson Hall II
Logic, Psychological, Young Sinatra, Bobby Tarantino
Rockville, Maryland, United States
Beverly Hills, California, United States
Logic went to the Gaithersburg High School, which is a part of Montgomery County Public Schools. However, he couldn’t complete his high school education as he was expelled from the school because he had started skipping classes in the 10th grade. His irregular attendance led to a drop in academic scores and he failed every class except English.
Retired Rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer
- Father – Robert Bryson Hall
- Siblings – His older brothers used to produce and sell crack cocaine around the neighborhood.
Logic is represented by –
- Team Visionary
- Creative Artists Agency
Vocals, keyboard, drum machine, sampler, piano, synthesizer
Visionary Music, Def Jam Recordings, Elysium Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Logic has dated –
- Logic has revealed in his interviews that in 2009, he ended his 5 years long relationship so that he could completely focus on his music career.
- Jessica Andrea (2013-2018) – Logic got married to his girlfriend Jessica Andrea, a singer, and social media influencer, in October 2015. It was revealed that they had been dating for about 2 years. To celebrate his marriage, he had even got the phrase Happy wife, happy life tattooed on his hand. They often flaunted their happy married life on their official social media accounts. Jessica also sometimes joined him on stage for his performances. The couple separated amicably which was confirmed in March 2018 by both the parties. They continue to remain friends.
- Brittney Noell (2019-Present) – In September 2019, Logic married Brittney Noell. Together, they have 1 son.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has African American ancestry. While, on his mother’s side, he is of Caucasian descent.
- Often keeps a short cropped hairdo
- Often wears glasses
In 2021, he signed a deal with G Fuel to release a new flavor named Bobby Boysenberry.
In his interview with Village Voice, he claimed that he had a strong relationship with God but he wasn’t religious.
Best Known For
- The critical acclaim garnered by his mixtape, Young Sinatra: Welcome to Forever, which helped him secure a recording contract with Def Jam Recordings.
- The immense success and popularity of his studio album, Everybody, which debuted at the top of the music charts in the United States.
- The commercial success of his studio album, The Incredible True Story, which was certified gold in the US with over 185,000 record sales.
In October 2014, Logic released his debut studio album, Under Pressure. The album was certified ‘Gold’ and made its debut on the U.S. Billboard 200 at 4th position.
First TV Show
Logic Favorite Things
- Main Inspiration – Frank Sinatra
- Influences – A Tribe Called Quest, Outkast, J. Cole, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Drake, and movies by Quentin Tarantino
Source – Wikipedia
- Logic had a very rough childhood as he used to live with his family on Sector 8 housing and they relied on welfare, food stamps, and social services for their survival.
- His mother was an alcoholic and often used to racially abuse him. She also had experienced prostitution and drug abuse and was stabbed and raped. She even tried to choke him to death as a child.
- Logic also had a strained relationship with his father, who was absent from much of his childhood and was a cocaine addict. In fact, his brothers used to sell cocaine to him.
- In his younger days, he struggled with homelessness and did a number of odd jobs simultaneously to keep himself financially afloat.
- To deal with his violent and improvised past, he later enlisted the help of a therapist.
- He got into hip hop after watching the action movie, Kill Bill: Volume 1. The score of the movie was created by RZA and he soon started listening to RZA and his iconic hip hop group, Wu-Tang Clan.
- He met Solomon Taylor at the age of 13 and Taylor assumed the role of his mentor. Early in his career, Taylor used to buy CDs with instrumental beats so that Logic could write his lyrics over it.
- The success of his unofficial mixtape Psychological – Logic: The Mixtape helped him bag work as an opening act for popular artists such as Pitbull, Ludacris, and Redman for their shows in Maryland.
- He was signed up by Visionary Music after Chris Zarou, the president of the record label, heard his first official mixtape, Young, Broke & Infamous.
- In 2013, the special edition of XXL featured him in their annual “Top 10 Freshmen List”, which features the most promising upcoming hip hop artists.
- He announced his retirement in July 2020 from rapping.
- His final studio album, as a rapper, was No Pressure which was released in July 2020. It was his 6th album which reached #2 on Billboard 200.
- As an author, he has released a novel titled Supermarket in 2019 which was a New York Times Best Seller. He has also released a soundtrack named Supermarket.
- After retiring from a music career in 2020, he started a streaming career by signing exclusively with Twitch in a deal worth 7 figures. On Twitch, he mainly plays video games, produces beats, and chat with fans.
- Logic’s first-ever Twitch stream was the album-listening party to his album No Pressure.
Featured Image by Logic / Instagram