Joseph Antonio Cartagena
Fat Joe da Gangsta, Don Cartagena, Joey Crack, Da Fat Gangsta
The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
Fat Joe went to the Morrisania School in South Bronx, New York.
- Father – Ernesto Delgado
- Mother – Marie Cartagena
- Siblings – Lisa Cartagena (Younger Sister) (Died during childbirth).
Fat Joe is represented by JL Entertainment.
Terror Squad Entertainment, Relativity, Atlantic, Imperial, E1 Music, Virgin, Universal Records
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
130 kg or 287 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Fat Joe has dated –
- Karrine Steffans – According to author Karrine Steffans’s memoirs, Fat Joe had an affair with her. She even went on to give colorful and graphic details of their relationship in the book.
- Lorena Cartagena (?-2012) – Lorena Cartagena (some sources assert that they got married in 1995) was together with Fat Joe for a long time. In 2007, she gave birth to a daughter, Azaniah. In 2012, Lorena had decided to separate from Joe after finding out that he was cheating on her with a woman from Dubai. By the time of separation, he had been sneaking behind her back for about a year. However, they have been spotted together at events in recent years.
- Emily Bustamante (2004) – Fat Joe has been linked up with model and shoe designer Emily Bustamante for a long time. He reportedly started his extra-marital affair with her in 2004. Some tabloids even reported that she was also one of the reasons behind his alleged separation from his wife Lorena in 2012.
Note – Fat Joe has two sons from his earlier relationships. The eldest of them is named Joey, who was born with a mental disability and has special needs. Ryan is three years younger than Joey.
Race / Ethnicity
Fat Joe is of Puerto-Rican and Cuban descent.
- Overweight body
- Bald head
- Trimmed French goatee
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 47 in or 119.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 45 in or 114 cm
Fat Joe has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Eastern Motors
- Beats by Dre
- Boost Mobile
- Del Toro
- Sprite Voltron
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- His very public feud with the fellow New York rapper 50 Cent.
- The monumental success of his single, What’s Luv? in which he collaborated with Ashanti and Ja Rule.
Fat Joe released his debut studio album Represent in July 1993. It reached #46 on Top Hip Hop Albums in U.S.
Fat Joe made his film debut in 1994 with romantic drama film I Like It Like That as Biker Inmate.
First TV Show
In 2003, Fat Joe guest appeared as himself on the musical comedy show Chappelle’s Show.
After he saw people close to him dying due to obesity, he decided to make a change and adopt a healthy lifestyle. By the end of 2011, he had managed to shift down about hundred pounds of his body weight. The weight loss also helped him take control of his diabetic condition.
For weight loss, he worked out regularly in the gym and changed his eating habits as well. He placed emphasis on eating healthy foods in smaller portions and more frequently. Also, he has cut out carb sources such as pasta, bread, and rice from his diet. Instead, he focuses on eating low card foods such as sweet potatoes.
Fat Joe Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
Fat Joe Facts
- In May 1993, he was declared as the man of the month by Playgirl Magazine.
- Joe was introduced to rap music by his brother.
- In March 2011, he opened a seafood restaurant in his native New York named Express in the Bronx with a Caribbean inspired menu.
- In September 1998, he was arrested with fellow rapper Big Pun for assaulting a man with a baseball bat and later stealing his gold chain.
- Fat Joe has served as a witness in two murder cases. One was related to his bodyguard shooting a sixteen-year-old youth to death at the Bronx nightclub.
- In June 2013, he was handed a four-month prison sentence by the federal court for having failed to pay income tax amounting to more than three million dollars.
- In December 2016, he donated 20 Microsoft computers to his former school, Morrisania School.
- He has served as a speaker at the School is Cool, which is an initiative to encourage students to focus on education.
- Follow Fat Joe on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTubeVEVO, Myspace, and iTunes.