|Brittany Murphy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1977|
|Date of Death||December 20, 2009|
Brittany Murphy was an American actress and singer who was best known for portraying roles such as Tai Frasier in Clueless, Lisa Swenson in Drop Dead Gorgeous, Daisy Randone in Girl, Interrupted, Alex Latourno in 8 Mile, Sarah McNerney in Just Married, and Brenda Drexell in Drexell’s Class. She had also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Murphy Brown, Kids Incorporated, Almost Home, Boy Meets World, Murder One, Falling Sky, The Audition, Sidewalks of New York, Don’t Say a Word, Riding in Cars with Boys, Little Black Book, Love and Other Disasters, The Ramen Girl, Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs, and many more. For her acting skills, she had been nominated for numerous awards such as the Satellite Award, Teen Choice Award, and Young Artist Award.
Brittany Anne Bertolotti
Brittany Murphy was born on November 10, 1977.
Brittany was 32 years old when she died on December 20, 2009, due to pneumonia and anemia.
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Brittany Murphy has been a trained dancer since the age of four. She had attended Verne Fowler School of Dance and Theatre Arts in Colonia, New Jersey in 1982. She also knew singing and was a trained actor.
When the actress turned 13 in 1991, the family moved to Los Angeles where she got admission in Edison High School.
Actress, Singer, Voice Artist
- Father – Angelo Joseph Bertolotti
- Mother – Sharon Kathleen Murphy
- Siblings – Tony Bertolotti (Older Half-Brother), Jeff Bertolotti (Older Half-Brother), Pia Bertolotti (Younger Half-Sister)
Late Brittany Murphy is not attached to any talent agency.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
106 lbs or 48 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Actress Brittany Murphy has been romantically linked with –
- Jonathan Brandis (1995) – The late actor, director, and screenwriter, Jonathan Brandis had a brief encounter with the actress in 1995.
- Tom Green (2000) – The Canadian comedian, producer and director, Tom Green dated the actress in August 2000.
- Eminem (2002) – The rapper, record producer, songwriter, and actor, Eminem was RUMORed to have dated the actress after their movie ‘8 Mile’ but nothing was confirmed.
- Ashton Kutcher (2002-2003) – The actor, producer, investor and former model, Ashton Kutcher was in a relationship was the actress during the filming of ‘Just Married.’ However, they separated soon in April 2003.
- Jeff Kwatinetz (2003-2005) – The ex-manager of Kelly Clarkson and Britney Spears, Jeff Kwatinetz started dating the actress in April 2003. They got engaged on January 9, 2004, but separated soon in 2005.
- Fred Durst (2003) – The musician and film director, Fred Durst had an encounter with the actress in 2003.
- Joe Macaluso (2004-2006) – Brittany Murphy got engaged to Joe in December 2005, but soon ended their relationship in 2006.
- Simon Monjack (2007-2009) – The British screenwriter, film director, film producer and makeup artist, Simon Monjack started dating Murphy in January 2007. The couple got married in a private Jewish ceremony in Los Angeles in May 2007. However, their romance ended with the actress’ sudden death in 2009. It is quite noteworthy that Simon Monjack also died within 5 months of the same cause that Murphy died (which is pneumonia and anemia).
Race / Ethnicity
The actress had Italian, Eastern European, and Irish ancestry.
She naturally had a “Brown” hair color.
- Contagious Laugh
- Lively Style
- Beautiful Hair
33-25-35 in or 84-63.5-89 cm
Brittany Murphy had appeared in various TV commercials which included Pizza Hut, Honey Bunches of Oats, and Skittles. She had also appeared in a magazine and billboard ad for Gap Denim in 2001.
Brittany Murphy was raised as a Baptist and later followed non-denominational Christianity.
Best Known For
Brittany Murphy is best known for her role as Tai in Clueless (1995), and as Sarah in Just Married (2003).
As a Singer
As a singer, Brittany Murphy had a different voice than her speaking one. She was a part of the band Blessed Soul with fellow actor Eric Balfour in the early 90s.
Her first recorded song was Here with Luscious Jackson in 1995.
Brittany Murphy first appeared as Elise in the 1993 drama film Family Prayers.
First TV Show
Brittany Murphy has appeared as Frank’s sister in the CBS sitcom Murphy Brown in an episode “On Another Plane: Part 1” in 1991.
Brittany Murphy did not have a personal trainer. She was naturally slim for which she gave credit to her genes. However, when she lost a lot of weight in the early 2000s, it was speculated that the actress was on the doses of cocaine. Later, in an interview, Murphy tried to record that she had never tasted cocaine in her life.
Furthermore, Murphy had problems with gaining weight owing to her high metabolism rate.
Brittany Murphy Favorite Things
- Music – Jazz especially Cole Porter
- Cuisine – Thai Food
- Silent Screen Star – Clara Bow
- Idols – Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand, and Diana Ross
Source – People.com, IMDb.com
Brittany Murphy Facts
- She has been included by the Maxim magazine in their Hot 100 list at #32 in 2003 and #8 in 2005.
- Murphy has an interest in many musical instruments. She claims that she can play any instrument by 20 minutes time. She can play the trumpet and piano very well.
- Murphy’s mother is a survivor of breast cancer. After her death, her mother and her widower, Monjack established the Brittany Murphy Foundation in January 2010. It is a charitable fund for children’s arts education and supports the USO and cancer research.
- She won the Best Individual Achievement: Voice Acting by a Female Performer in a TV Production award for ‘King of Hill’ in 2005.
- In October 2021, a documentary titled What Happened, Brittany Murphy? was released, which covers the mystery surrounding Murphy’s death.