|Jonathan Brandis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 13, 1976|
|Date of Death||November 12, 2003|
Jonathan Brandis was an American actor, voice actor, and director who started his career as a child model. He played Lance Reventlow (Age 11) in the television biographical drama film Poor Little Rich Girl: The Barbara Hutton Story, Young Bill Denbrough in the ABC 2-part psychological horror drama miniseries It, Bastian Bux in the fantasy film The NeverEnding Story II: The Next Chapter, Lucas Wolenczak in the sci-fi series seaQuest DSV, Mozenrath (voice) in the animated series Aladdin, Matthew/Martha in the sports-comedy film Ladybugs, Kevin Buchanan in the soap opera One Life to Live, Casey Pedersen in the romantic war drama film The Year That Trembled, and Randolph Thompson in the adventure film Born Free: A New Adventure. Jonathan Brandis was also cast in various other shows including Sledge Hammer!, L.A. Law, Full House, Who’s the Boss?, Alien Nation, The Munsters Today, Gabriel’s Fire, The Wonder Years, Saved By The Bell: The College Years, and Crossroads.
Jonathan Gregory Brandis
The J-Man, Jon
He was born on April 13, 1976.
On November 12, 2003, Jonathan Brandis died at the age of 27 after committing suicide in Beverly Grove, Los Angeles, California, United States.
He was found hanging in the hallway of his Los Angeles apartment on November 11, 2003, and was transported to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where he died the next day of injuries sustained from the hanging.
Danbury, Fairfield County, Connecticut, United States
He resided in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Jonathan Brandis studied at San Fernando Valley Professional School and graduated in 1993.
Actor, Voice Actor, Director
- Father – Gregory Brandis (Food Distributor, Firefighter)
- Mother – Mary (Teacher, Personal Manager)
- Siblings – He was an only child.
- Others – Fay William Brandis (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Ellen Pearson (Paternal Grandmother), Frank J. Mooney (Maternal Grandfather), Marie Josephine/P. Borrelli (Maternal Grandmother)
He was managed by his mother.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth was $400 Thousand at the time of his death in 2003.
5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonathan Brandis had dated –
- Vinessa Shaw (1991-1992) – In 1991, he started going out with actor and model Vinessa Shaw and they also co-starred in the 1992 sports-comedy film Ladybugs. However, their romance eventually ended in March 1992.
- Tatyana Ali (1994-1998) – Jonathan Brandis was romantically involved with actor and singer Tatyana Ali between 1995 and January 1998.
- Brittany Murphy (1995) – In 1995, he had an affair with actor and singer Brittany Murphy.
- Monica Keena (2000) – Brandis and actor Monica Keena were an item in the year 2000.
Race / Ethnicity
Jonathan Brandis was of English, German, and Scottish descent on his father’s side and had Irish and Italian roots on his mother’s side.
- Mischievous smile
- Often played troubled boys
Jonathan Brandis appeared in TV commercials for –
- Madballs toys (1985)
- Operation board game (1999) (along with Danielle Harris)
Jonathan Brandis Facts
- He credited his father as one of the main inspirations in his life, having taught him about the “business from an early age”.
- From 1993 to 1996, Jonathan Brandis played Lucas Wolenczak in the science fiction television series seaQuest DSV. This role won him the 1994 Young Artist Award for “Best Youth Actor Leading Role in a Television Series”.
- He provided vocals to the character of Mozenrath, a young evil sorcerer and necromancer, in the animated fantasy adventure series Aladdin from 1994 to 1995.
- Brandis considered Roy Scheider as one of his biggest acting influences.
- He was friends with childhood neighbor and actor Juliette Clarke.
- His best friend was actor and filmmaker Jason Marsden.
Featured Image by Airwolfberlin / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0