|Henry Winkler Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 30, 1945|
Henry Winkler is an American actor, comedian, director, producer, and children’s book author who is best known for portraying the character of Arthur Fonzarelli in the sitcom Happy Days (1974–1984) for which he had won 2 Golden Globe Awards and had earned 3 Emmy Award nominations.
Henry Franklin Winkler
West Side, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Henry had graduated, in 1963, from the McBurney School, a college-preparatory school in Manhattan. After his high school graduation, he had joined Emerson College, a private college in Boston, Massachusetts. He had graduated from there in 1967 with a major in theater and a minor in child psychology.
In 1967, he was admitted into the MFA program at the Yale School of Drama. He had graduated from there in 1970.
Actor, Comedian, Director, Producer, Children’s Book Author
- Father – Harry Irving Winkler (Lumber Importer-Exporter) (d. 1995)
- Mother – Ilse Anna Maria Winkler (née Hadra) (d. 1999)
- Siblings – Beatrice Winkler (Sister)
- Others – Rob Reinis (Son-in-Law) (Actor, Writer), Heinrich Jacob Winkler (Paternal Grandfather), Pauline Olga Bromberg (Paternal Grandmother), Ignatz Fritz Hadra (Maternal Grandfather), Gertrude Freudenthal (Maternal Grandmother), Helmut Theodor Winkler (Paternal Uncle), Richard Belzer (Cousin) (Former Actor, Stand-up Comedian, Author)
Henry Winkler’s net worth had been $40 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Henry has dated –
- Stacey Weitzman (1976-Present) – Henry had started dating businesswoman and activist Stacey Weitzman in 1976 and the couple got married on May 5, 1978. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Zoe Emily Winkler (b. 1980) (Teacher) and a son named Max Daniel Winkler (b. August 18, 1983) (Screenwriter, Director).
He also has a stepson, named Jed Weitzman, from Stacey’s previous marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Side-parted, overgrown hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Henry Winkler Facts
- Henry’s parents were German Jews who used to live in Berlin during the rise of Nazi Germany. By 1939, his father had realized that they were no longer safe in the country. He had then arranged to take his wife on a business trip to the United States, smuggling out the family jewels by encasing them in chocolate.
- His paternal uncle, Helmut Theodor Winkler, was supposed to leave the country with them. However, he had changed his mind at the last moment and had chosen to leave at a later date. He was eventually taken away by the Nazis. When Henry was born, his parents had named him after both his uncle Helmut and the then-President of the United States, Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- After his high school graduation, he was not allowed to attend the graduation ceremony. This was because he had to repeat the subject of Geometry for the 4th time during summer school. After finally passing the course, he had received his diploma via post.
- He was not diagnosed with dyslexia until the age of 31. This realization had come after his stepson Jed was diagnosed with dyslexia.
- He is an avid fly fisherman and often fishes in the state of Montana.
Featured Image by Henry Winkler / Instagram