|Elijah Wood Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 28, 1981|
Elijah Wood is an American actor, voiceover artist, DJ, and producer who is best known for playing Frodo Baggins in the Lord of the Rings film trilogy (2001–2003) and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012). Over the years, he has also been cast in projects like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Everything Is Illuminated, Bobby, Sin City, Green Street, Fight for Your Right: Revisited, Happy Feet, Wilfred, The Good Son, The Adventures of Huck Finn, Avalon, The Bumblebee Flies Anyway, Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, Paradise, Set Fire to the Stars, The Adventures of Tom Thumb and Thumbelina, Star Wars Resistance, Drunk History, Oliver Twist, and The Death and Return of Superman.
Elijah Jordan Wood
Elwood, Lij, Monkey, Lijah
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
Elijah Wood started his education at the St Patrick’s Catholic School at Arroyo Grande. However, after completing his third grade, his family moved to Los Angeles to help him get an early shot at the acting career.
After moving to LA, he was homeschooled as he couldn’t find time for regular schooling due to his acting career.
Actor, Voice Actor, Film Producer, DJ
- Father – Warren Wood (Delicatessen Operator)
- Mother – Debbie Wood (Delicatessen Operator)
- Siblings – Zachariah Nathaniel Wood (Older Brother) (Video Game Producer), Hannah Blessing Wood (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Charles Fredric Wood (Paternal Grandfather), Eloise “Ellie” Lehrman (Paternal Grandmother), Donald G. Krause (Maternal Grandfather), Beverly Ann Stebritz (Maternal Grandmother)
Elijah Wood has been represented by –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Sports Drama, Comedy, Futuristic Action
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth was $20 Million in 2020.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Elijah Wood has dated –
- Bijou Phillips (1999) – Elijah Wood started dating actress Bijou Phillips in 1999 after having met on the sets of the movie Black and White, in which they were co-stars. However, their relationship didn’t start while shooting the movie as Bijou was then dating Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Franka Potente (2003) – This was another relationship that Elijah started with his movie co-star. If the reports are to be believed, Elijah fell for Franka while working on the movie Try Seventeen in 2003. Due to Elijah’s preference to keep his private life firmly under wraps, the end of this relationship isn’t known.
- Pamela Racine (2005-2010) – Elijah met drummer and dancer Pamela while working on the adventure film Everything Is Illuminated, in which her band “Gogol Bordello” was performing. Wood went on to date her for five years before breaking up in September 2010. The reason behind the break-up was that he wasn’t ready to settle down.
- Kerry Bishe (2012) – Elijah had a short-lived affair with his Grand Piano co-star Kerry Bishe in 2012. They were spotted by the press while on a romantic stroll out in Madrid during the shooting of the movie.
- Mette-Marie Kongsved (2018-Present) – In the year 2018, he started dating Danish producer Mette-Marie Kongsved and they welcomed their first child together in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Polish, German, English, Austrian, and Danish descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Short Stature
- Impish Look
- Slim Frame
- Blue Eyes
In 2015, he was signed up by the social cause group to become the face of their new campaign along with Jude Law. The campaign used the Mancriminate hashtag and was launched to spread awareness about the discrimination men suffer in society.
Other noteworthy TV advertisement campaigns are, as such –
- Pizza Hut (1992)
- Cheese (1992)
- Tommy Jeans (1998)
- Intel Laptop (2002)
- Wavy Lays (1996) during Super Bowl
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Frodo Baggins in the hit Lord of the Rings movie series
- His voiceover in the animated movie Happy Feet
He made his movie debut in a sci-fi adventure comedy film Back to the Future Part II in a small role of a videogame boy in 1989.
First TV Show
Apart from the number of local adverts he has appeared in, his first TV appearance was in the TV film Child in the Night in 1990.
His first TV series appearance came in the NBC sitcom Frasier, in which he voiced the role of Ethan.
Elijah Wood doesn’t follow any particular diet plan and prefers to eat everything in moderation and keeping balance. For example, if he gorges on food from his favorite restaurant, then he makes sure that he is eating salad the following days to get the balance right.
Also, it is not clear if he follows a specific workout plan.
Elijah Wood Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Game of Thrones
- Musician – Busy P
- Band – The Smashing Pumpkins, Tinariwen
- The Lord Of The Rings Movie – The Fellowship of the Ring
Elijah Wood Facts
- For his audition for the Lord of the Rings series, he made a film of him running in fields with crudely made hobbit feet and sent the video to the series director Peter Jackson.
- For his masterful portrayal of Frodo Baggins in the Lord of the Rings series, he won a nomination by the MTV Movie Awards and also the British Academy Award for Best Actor.
- Along with being an actor, he has worked professionally as DJ with Zach Cowie and had a music tour spanning over 9 dates from North America to Europe.
- At the age of 7, he got his first modeling assignment and starred in a number of local commercials.
- His love of music saw him launch his own record label called Simian Records in 2006 and he signed rock band The Apples in Stereo as his first band.
- Elijah showcased his musical talent and skills by contributing to his LOTR co-star Viggo Mortensen‘s album Pandemoniumfromamerica.
- In 2016, he was the center of a controversy when he claimed that pedophilia is rampant in Hollywood and pedophiles are protected by the industry.
- Along with his co-actors (except John Rhys-Davies) of the Fellowship of the Ring movie, he got the tattoo as “nine” in the Sindarin and English language on his waist.
- He was one of the few outspoken supporters of the 2016 Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders.
- He is associated with a number of charities and in February 2010, visited Chilean town Curepto, which was one of the hardest-hit towns by an 8.8 magnitude earthquake.
- He is co-founder of The Woodshed, which is a production company focusing on the promotion of horror movies, along with Daniel Noah and Josh C. Waller.
- On May 31, 2020, he joined Josh Gad‘s YouTube series called Reunited Apart which reunites the cast of popular movies through video conferencing and promotes donations to non-profit charities. Some other personalities who also became a part of the project were Sean Astin, Sean Bean, Orlando Bloom, Ian McKellen, Dominic Monaghan, Viggo Mortensen, Miranda Otto, John Rhys-Davies, Andy Serkis, Liv Tyler, Karl Urban, and Peter Jackson.
- His first big break came by starring in the video for Paula Abdul‘s Forever Your Girl.
- Along with Daniel Radcliffe, he graced the cover of Empire Magazine’s April 2021 issue. It was also Empire’s Harry Potter And Lord Of The Rings 20th Anniversary Issue.