|Sean Bean Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 17, 1959|
Shaun Mark Bean
Handsworth, West Riding of Yorkshire, England
Belsize Park, London, England
Sean Bean graduated with O-Levels in Art and English from Brook Comprehensive School in 1975.
He took welding courses from Rotherham College of Arts and Technology when he started working at his father’s firm after graduation.
He went to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) and graduated in 1983.
- Father – Brian Bean (Owner of Fabrication Shop at Handsworth)
- Mother – Rita (née Tuckwood)
- Siblings – Lorraine Bean (Younger Sister)
Sean Bean is currently attached to Independent Talent Group Ltd. (Talent Agency), London, UK.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
85 kg or 187 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sean Bean has been romantically linked with –
- Alexandra Azkenazy – The actress was in a brief relationship with Bean in the past.
- Marisa Morris – The Portuguese actress, Marisa Morris had an encounter with Sean Bean in the past.
- Debra James (1981-1988) – James is Bean’s secondary school sweetheart with whom, he married on April 11, 1981. However, the marriage culminated in a divorce in 1988.
- Melanie Hill (1987-1997) – The English actress, Melanie Hill met Bean at RADA. The couple got married on February 27, 1990. They have two daughters. Their first daughter was born before the couple’s marriage in October 1987. She has been named Lorna. Their second daughter, Molly was born in September 1991. The couple separated with a divorce in 1997.
- Abigail Cruttenden (1996-1999) – The English actress, Abigail Cruttenden and Bean met on the sets of their ITV series ‘Sharpe’ in 1996. They started dating and eventually got married on November 22, 1997. The couple has a daughter, named Natasha Evie, who was born on November 6, 1998. Like his previous marriages, this relationship also ended in a divorce in July 2000.
- Amy Ellery (2003) – A Britisher, Ellery had a brief relationship with Sean Bean in the past.
- Georgina Sutcliffe (2005-2010) – The blonde British actress, Georgina Sutcliffe and Sean Bean started dating in 2005. They scheduled their marriage to happen in January 2008, but canceled it due to some personal reason, according to sources. However, he later got married to Sutcliffe at the Marylebone Register Office in London in February 2008. Reports of physical abuse were filed by the actress in 2009 that aroused media attention. Police cases and legal issues came up against the actor which culminated with a divorce in 2010.
- Nadia Foster (2011) – It is RUMOR that the actor started dating the adult magazine model, Nadia Foster (better known as April Summers) in 2011 and defended her in a pub against a sexist remark by a man. In turn, Bean got stabbed in the scuffle. However, there is no evidence of a relationship of the actor with the model.
- Ashley Moore (2013-Present) – The actress, Ashley Moore started dating Bean in the summer of 2013. They are still together. She is 36 years his junior. They have also engaged now. They were photographed together in January 2015 in Los Angeles.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tattoo on shoulder depicting the word ‘nine’
- Tattoo on left shoulder reading ‘100% Blade’
- Yorkshire accent
Sean Bean has appeared in TV commercials for Acuvue contact lenses and Marks & Spencer in 2002.
The actor has lent his voice which is distinguished for its accent and strong sound for commercials of The National Blood Service, Beechams Flu Plus, Imperial Cancer Research Funch, Royal Armouries, Leeds, O2, Royal Marines, and Morrisons.
Though Sean Bean has been raised in a Christian family with Anglicanism as faith, but the actor believes that he has not been attached to any religion or a particular faith.
Best Known For
Sean Bean is best known for the portrayal of Ned Stark in the HBO epic fantasy series Game of Thrones. He was first recognized as Richard Sharpe for his role in the ITV Series Sharpe.
The actor is also known for his role as Boromir in The Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001-2003).
Sean Bean first appeared as a hooker in the movie Winter Flight (1984).
First TV Show
Sean Bean made his debut on the small screen as Horace Clark in the police procedural TV series The Bill in the episode titled ‘Long Odds’ in 1984.
Sean Bean has not been under any particular trainer recently. However, he maintains a diet to keep his body fit and healthy. During the shoot of ‘Lord of the Rings’ and ‘Troy,’ the actor had undergone some physical training under proper guidance. The trainers and stunt coordinators were training all the actors to remain fit and look good onscreen.
He acknowledges the role of trainers and stunt men for the success of such epic films.
Sean Bean Favorite Things
- Food – Fray Bentos, Henderson’s Relish, Ginger Nuts, Wine Gums, Fish and chips and mushy peas
- Word – Mardy arse
- Football Team – Sheffield United FC
- Pastime – Reading Books, Listening to music
- Hobby – Gardening and sketching
- Skills – Welding
Source – SeanBeanOnline.net, Wikipedia
Sean Bean Facts
- A prominent mark on the actor’s shoulder is a tattoo that reads ‘nine.’ This tattoo is in reference to his involvement as one of the original nine companions depicted in the Fellowship of the Ring for the series Lord of the Rings (2001-2003).
- He wrote the foreword and helped to promote a book of anecdotes called Sheffield United: The Biography. He is an avid fan of Sheffield United FC and had made a tattoo of ‘100% Blade’ for the team. He has also written the foreword and has assisted for the promotion of anecdotes called ‘Sheffield United: The Biography.’
- Bean has been described as a sex symbol after he appeared as Richard Sharpe in the ITV Series ‘Sharpe.’ He was chosen as the second sexiest man in the UK in 2004.
- He has been a stage actor since the start of his career. He made his stage debut with the role of Tybalt in the Shakespearean romance “Romeo and Juliet” at the Watermill Theatre in England in 1983.
- After starting acting professionally, Sean Bean adopted the Irish version of his first name ‘Shaun.’
- As his last name is Bean, he sometimes gets fan mail, which is actually intended for Mr. Bean (Rowan Atkinson).