|Jamie Harris Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 15, 1963|
Jamie Harris is a British actor who is known for playing Rodney in the science fiction film Rise of the Planet of the Apes, The Hook-Handed Man in the adventure black comedy film Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events, Gordon in the sci-fi action drama series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., John Robeson in the period drama series Turn: Washington’s Spies, Terry in the drama series Kingdom, and Desk Sergeant Dombey in the fantasy series Carnival Row. In addition to that, he has also been cast in a variety of other shows and movies which include the likes of God Bless America, In the Name of the Father, Made Men, Marie from the Bay of Angels, NCIS: Los Angeles, No Ordinary Family, Touch Me, Princess Caraboo, Made, The Lost Son, Fast Food Fast Women, The Mentalist, Dinner Rush, The Next Big Thing, La Femme Nikita, Nancy & Frank – A Manhattan Love Story, Flannel Pajamas, The Killing of John Lennon, Mr. Nice, The Big Heist, The Prestige, The New World, Night of the Demons, The Green Hornet, Knight of Cups, The Jade Pendant, CSI: Miami, West Side Story, Lost Transmissions, Two Jacks, Life, The Lost Battalion, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, White Collar, American Horror Story: Murder House, The Magicians, Shameless, Highlander: The Series, and Lovecraft Country.
Tudor St. John Harris
Whitechapel, London, England, United Kingdom
Venice Beach, Los Angeles, California, United States
Jamie Harris attended Ladycross, a former preparatory boarding independent school in the coastal town of Seaford in East Sussex. He then enrolled at Downside School, a co-educational Catholic independent boarding and day school located in the village of Stratton-on-the-Fosse.
- Father – Richard Harris (October 1, 1930 – October 25, 2002) (Actor, Singer)
- Mother – Elizabeth Rees-Williams (Socialite)
- Siblings – Jared Francis Harris (Older Brother) (Actor), Damian David Harris (Older Brother) (Film Director, Screenwriter)
- Others – Ivan Harris (Paternal Grandfather) (Flour Merchant), Mildred (née Harty) (Paternal Grandmother), David Rees-Williams, 1st Baron Ogmore (Maternal Grandfather) (Politician), Constance Wills (Maternal Grandmother), Ella (Niece), Marlowe (Nephew), Annabelle Wallis (First Cousin Once Removed) (Actor)
5 ft 11½ in or 181.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Jamie Harris is of Welsh, English, and Irish descent.
Salt and Pepper
Jamie Harris Facts
- He is the youngest sibling.
- He made his first theatrical film appearance as Deptford Jim in the 1993 biographical crime drama film In the Name of the Father, starring Daniel Day-Lewis, Emma Thompson, and Pete Postlethwaite.
- He appeared as the Hook-Handed Man (Count Olaf’s main minion) in the 2004 adventure black comedy film Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events (also simply known as A Series of Unfortunate Events).
- Jamie Harris brought to life the character of Rodney (the ape sanctuary’s caretaker) in the 2011 science fiction film Rise of the Planet of the Apes, a reboot of the Planet of the Apes film series and its 7th installment overall.
- From 2014 to 2017, he played the recurring role of Terry (Christina’s pimp) in the television drama series Kingdom.
- He was seen as John Robeson in the period drama television series Turn: Washington’s Spies between 2014 and 2016.
- Alongside Jocelin Donahue, Kelly Lynch, Jim Beaver, Izabella Miko, Liam Aiken, and A. J. Bowen, Jamie Harris co-starred as Flynn in the 2015 crime film The Frontier.
- He played Robert Thompson in the 2017 Western film The Jade Pendant.
- From 2019 to 2023, Jamie Harris was cast as Sergeant Dombey (a constable sergeant known to harbor racist beliefs against the fae and despises Philo for sympathizing with them) in the neo-noir urban fantasy crime drama television series Carnival Row. His co-stars for the project included Orlando Bloom, Cara Delevingne, Tamzin Merchant, Karla Crome, Indira Varma, Jared Harris, Caroline Ford, and others.
Featured Image by aseriesaday / Instagram