|Mark-Paul Gosselaar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 1, 1974|
Mark-Paul Gosselaar is an American actor who is known to play Peter Bash in the comedy-drama series Franklin & Bash, Zack Morris on the American TV sitcom Saved by the Bell, John Clark on the police procedural series called NYPD Blue. He played the lead role in a black comedy film Dead Man on Campus (1998). Mark has a huge fan base of more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Mark-Paul Harry Gosselaar
Panorama City, Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Mark-Paul Gosselaar went to Hart High School.
- Father – Hans Gosselaar (Plant supervisor for Anheuser-Busch)
- Mother – Paula (van den Brink) (Homemaker and hostess for KLM)
- Siblings – Mike (Older Brother), Sylvia (Older Sister), and Linda (Older Sister)
- Others – Chris Gosselaar (Nephew), Aron “Arie” Gosselaar (Paternal Grandfather), Ida Ferdinande/Ferdinanda “Itty” Kosel/Kossel (Paternal Grandmother)
Mark-Paul Gosselaar is represented by Luber Roklin Entertainment.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark-Paul Gosselaar has dated –
- Tiffani Thiessen (1989) – Mark-Paul Gosselaar had a short term relationship with American actress Tiffani Thiessen in 1989.
- Elizabeth Berkley (1989) – Gosselaar had a fling with actress Elizabeth Berkley in 1989. They both met on the sets of Saved By the Bell.
- Lark Voorhies (1989-1992) – American actress and spokesperson Lark Voorhies and Mark began dating in 1989. After being in a 3-year relationship, the duo decided to terminate their relationship.
- Amy Weber (1992) – Mark had an encounter with American actress Amy Weber in 1992.
- Christy Turlington – Mark was rumored to be dating model Christy Turlington in the past.
- Lisa Ann Russell (1996-2010) – Mark Gosselaar married American actress Lisa Ann Russell in 1996. After living together for 14 long years, the couple announced their divorce in June 2010. On June 18, 2010, Mark petitioned for divorce, and the request got legalized in May 2011. Their marriage produced 2 children – son Michael Charles Gosselaar (b. January 31, 2004), and a daughter named Ava Lorenn Gosselaar (b. May 7, 2006).
- Catriona McGinn (2011-Present) – After separating from Lisa Ann Russell, Mark got engaged to the advertising executive Catriona McGinn in August 2011. They both tied the knot on July 28, 2012, in Santa Ynez, California. Mark and Catriona are the proud parents of a son named Dekker Edward Gosselaar (b. September 30, 2013), and a daughter named Lachlyn Hope Gosselaar (b. February 17, 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
Mark-Paul Gosselaar is of German and Dutch Jewish descent on his father’s side and has Indonesian and Dutch ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Bumpy Chin
- Tall height
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar appeared in a TV commercial for Purina Beneful dog food in 2006.
- He also provided his vocals in a TV advertisement for Turbo Tax in 2013 and has done TV commercials for Oreo cookies and Smurf merchandise.
- At the age of 5, Mark had worked in a print ad for Century Plaza.
Mark’s upbringing has been done under Jewish ethics and values.
Best Known For
Playing Zack Morris in the American sitcom Saved by the Bell (1989-1993) and Peter Bash in the comedy-drama series Franklin & Bash (2011-2014)
Mark-Paul Gosselaar made his theatrical film debut in the action-adventure film, White Wolves: A Cry in the Wild II in 1993 as Scott.
First TV Show
Mark-Paul made his first TV show appearance in 1986 on Highway to Heaven as Rolf Baldt.
In 2015, before the production of the action thriller film Precious Cargo, Mark was completely involved with the CrossFit training. He trained under the supervision of the trainer and the owner of the CrossFit 228, Ryan Webb. To prepare himself for his role on the drama series Pitch in 2016, Gosselaar used to practice with the veteran players. He followed the Keto diet and used to eat more than 3000 calories per day.
Moreover, he prefers to do cycling and running for strengthening his legs and abdomen.
Mark-Paul Gosselaar Facts
- He began acting at the age of 5.
- He got raised in Santa Clarita Valley in Southern California, United States.
- Mark is a sports car fan, a race car driver, a track cyclist, a dirt biker, and a pilot.
- His parents got divorced when he was very young.
- He was fluent in Dutch as a child.
- On April 9, 1943, Mark’s paternal great-grandparents died due to a Holocaust in the Sobibor extermination camp, in Nazi-occupied Poland.
- He participated in the Far West Championships for track cycling in 2005 and was a winner of the “4/5Sprint Championship” event held at the Encino Velodrome.
- Mark is a good friend of Mario Lopez.
- His siblings were born in the Netherlands.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Mark-Paul Gosselaar / Instagram