|Abigail Cruttenden Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 23, 1968|
|Spouse||Jonathan R. Fraser|
Abigail Cruttenden is an English actress who has played a wide range of characters on television such as Jane Gibbons in Sharpe (1996-1997), Anna in Not Going Out (2014–Present), Miranda in Mog (1985-1986), Miss Violet Merville in The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes (1991), Lucy Potter in Doctors and Nurses (2004), Vicky Robinson in The Robinsons (2005), Kate Weedon in Benidorm (2007-2009), Geraldine Oglander in Agatha Christie’s Poirot (1989), Betsy in Anna Karenina (2000), etc. Moreover, her noteworthy film credits include playing the role of Ann Lawton in P’tang, Yang, Kipperbang (1982), Anne Chamberlain in Munich – The Edge of War (2021), Beth in Await Further Instructions (2018), and Isobel Hawking in the Oscar-nominated film The Theory of Everything (2014) starring Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones in lead roles.
Abigail Lucy Cruttenden
East Sheen, South-West London, England, United Kingdom
Richmond, London, England, United Kingdom
- Father – Neville Cruttenden (Advertising Executive, Actor)
- Mother – Julia Cruttenden
- Siblings – Hal Cruttenden (Younger Brother) (Stand-up Comedian, Presenter, Writer, Actor), Hannah Cruttenden (Older Sister) (Journalist)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Abigail Cruttenden has dated –
- Ol Parker (1995)
- Sean Bean (1996-2000) – While shooting for the television series Sharpe in 1996, Abigail fell in love with her onscreen husband Sean Bean. The couple officially became husband and wife on November 22, 1997. Abigail gave birth to their daughter Evie Natasha on November 6, 1998. However, they got divorced 2 years later in July 2000.
- Jonathan R. Fraser (2001-Present) – Abigail found love again in 2001 with Jonathan R. Fraser. She walked down the aisle in December 2003 after nearly 2 years of dating. The couple shares a daughter together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mole on her face
- Thin lips
Abigail Cruttenden Favorite Things
- Actress – Amanda Root
Source – TimeAndLeisure.co.uk
Abigail Cruttenden Facts
- Her mother Julia Cruttenden operates a stage make-up school called Greasepaint in London. The school is reputed as among the best training schools for make-up artists in the world.
- Abigail has also done remarkable work in theater including Oscar Wilde’s play, The Importance of Being Earnest, at London’s Old Vic Theatre and Anton Chekhov’s play, The Wood Demon at London’s Playhouse Theatre.
- Her grandmother Cynthia Coatts launched the Rosslyn School of Dance and Drama in London.
- The year 2013 was especially difficult for Abigail as she lost two of her close family members. Her 97-year-old grandmother passed away on March 16 and her mother Julia lost her battle with brain tumor on December 14.
- Her father gave up his career as an advertising executive to become a professional actor at the age of 49 years. Sadly, he passed away suddenly from a stomach haemorrhage at the age of 50 just as he was beginning to get work as a television actor.
- Abigail celebrates her birth date on the same day as other prominent Hollywood personalities like Randall Park, Keri Russell, Michelle Monaghan, Eddy Chen, Damon Albarn, Joan Crawford, Marin Hinkle, Eloise Head, Perez Hilton, Amanda Plummer, Chaka Khan, Emily Alexander, Yasmeen Ghauri, and many others.
Featured Image by Dimensioncelebrity / Instagram