|Amanda Plummer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 23, 1957|
Amanda Plummer is a multiple award-winning American actress, who is known for her important portrayal of Dagmar in Joe Versus the Volcano (1990), Lydia in The Fisher King (1991), Honey Bunny in Pulp Fiction (1994), and Wiress in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013). Besides that, she has also appeared in a number of shows such as Miami Vice (1989), L.A. Law (1989-1990), Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2004), and Hannibal (2014). Her brilliance has earned her more than one prestigious award such as Emmy-Awards and Tony Award.
Amanda Michael Plummer
New York City, New York, United States
Amanda studied for 2 and a half years at Middlebury College. In the past, she went on to attend the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre in New York City.
She attended the United Nations International School in New York.
- Father – Arthur Christopher Orme Plummer (Actor)
- Mother – Tammy Lee Grimes (Actress, Singer)
- Others – John Orme Plummer (Paternal Grandfather), Frank Plummer (Paternal Great Grandfather), Frances Fetherstonhaugh (Paternal Great Grandmother), Thomas Ralph Plummer (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Jane Stewart Luther (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Isabella Mary Abbott (Paternal Grandmother) (Artist, Watercolourist), Arthur Edward Abbott (Paternal Great Grandfather), Marianne Jane Campbell (Paternal Great Grandmother), John Abbott (Paternal Great Great Grandfather) (Former Prime Minister of Canada), Luther Nichols Grimes (Maternal Grandfather), Loring Grimes (Maternal Great Grandfather), Eva May Nichols (Maternal Great Grandmother), Eola Willard Niles (Maternal Grandmother), Elaine Taylor (Step-Mother) (Actress), Guy Doncaster Niles (Maternal Great Grandfather), Vera Howard (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Amanda Plummer is repped by –
- Greene & Associates Talent Agency
- Red Management
- Ziffren Brittenham LLP
- ICM Partners
- The Pitt Group
- Markham, Froggatt & Irwin
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amanda Plummer has dated –
- Peter O’Toole (1979-1982)
- Paul Chart (1995-1999)
Race / Ethnicity
Amanda has English, Scottish, Northern Irish, 1/128 Swiss-French, 1/128 French-Canadian ancestry.
- Pale skin color
- Hawk nose
Amanda Plummer Facts
- She is the only child of Christopher Plummer.
- Amanda grew up in New York City.
- At the age of 14, Amanda worked at the Belmont Park racetrack in New York as a jockey.
- She is no stranger to the field of acting because her father, mother, and godmother were all notable actors back in the day.
- She got her breakthrough with the film Cattle Annie and Little Britches in 1981.
- From 1981 to 1987, she was nominated for 3 Tony Awards of which she won 1 in 1982 for her eponymous role in stage production Agnes of God (1982).
- In 1992, she was nominated for a BAFTA award for her portrayal of Lydia in The Fisher King (1992).
- Her first film Cattle Annie and Little Britches included actor Burt Lancaster in the lead role.
- In 2013, she appeared in writer Tennessee Williams’ Broadway production The Two-Character Play.
- Her middle name Michael is from her godmother, actress Michael Learned.
- English actress Elaine Taylor is Amanda’s stepmother.
- Her great-great-grandfather Sir John Abbott was once the prime minister of Canada.
- The best of Amanda’s talent was seen in the films Cattle Annie and Little Britches (1981), The World According to Garp (1982), Daniel (1983), and The Hotel New Hampshire (1984).
Featured Image By CBS / eBay