Michelle Lynn Monaghan
Winthrop, Iowa, U.S.
New York, New York, U.S.
In 1994, Michelle graduated from East Buchanan High School in Winthrop.
Further, she attended Columbia College Chicago to study journalism. She didn’t complete her degree and left in 1999 to pursue a career in acting when just one semester was remaining.
- Father – Robert Monaghan (Factory Worker)
- Mother – Sharon Monaghan (Ran a daycare center for 40 years)
- Siblings – Bob Monaghan (Older Brother), John Monaghan (Older Brother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123½ pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Michelle Monaghan dated –
- Peter White (2000-Present) – In 2000, Michelle met Australian graphic artist Peter White at a party and started dating him. They got married after 5 years of dating in Sydney, Australia in August 2005. The couple has two children, daughter Willow Katherine White (b. 2008) and son Tommy Francis White (b. October 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
Michelle has Irish ancestry on her father’s side while she is of German descent with distant Swiss-German and English roots on her mom’s side.
33-24-34 in or 84-61-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
She has appeared in television commercials about Stayfree (2001), and Secret Sheer Dry (2002).
She was also seen in PSA for International Fund for Animal Welfare.
She was raised Catholic.
Best Known For
Playing Harmony Faith Lane in the Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005), as Julia Meade in Mission: Impossible III (2006), and as Christina Warren in the Source Code (2011).
Michelle first appeared in 2001 fashion-related film Perfume for her role as Henrietta.
First TV Show
In 2000, Michelle played the role as Caroline Busse in the WB’s drama series Young Americans in 2 episodes.
Michelle does squats, strength training, and lunges. But, like all of us, she also finds it difficult to go to the gym.
When she gave birth to her daughter in 2008, Michelle worked with trainer Kiki Aldonas to lose post-baby weight at Equinox gym.
Michelle also does yoga sometimes and when she is on the road, she would just do 30 minutes of interval training at the hotel gym.
Michelle Monaghan Favorite Things
- Movies – Christmas Vacation (1989), A Woman Under the Influence (1974), Fargo (1996), Hands on a Hard Body: The Documentary (1997), Animal Kingdom (2010)
- Favorite Hair Color on Herself – Red
- Lip Color – Serge Lutens’ Water Lip Color
- Chicago Celebrity – Oprah Winfrey, Harry Caray
Source – IMDb.com, Byrdie.com, IntoTheGloss.com, RedEyeChicago.com
Michelle Monaghan Facts
- At her high school, Michelle was a class president.
- Michelle started modeling when she was still studying journalism.
- Michelle got a mole at the backside of her calf in 2011. It was identified as skin cancer which she got removed.
- Michelle is from a working-class background. So, she is the first one to enter into the entertainment business from her family.
- In April 2011, she ran a half-marathon along with her mother and aunts.
- She has a “Class A” driving license to drive an 18-wheeler truck. She applied for it while filming Trucker (2008).
- She used to smoke in the past. Michelle has smoked for a decade which she regrets sometimes.