|Meryem Uzerli Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 12, 1983|
Meryem Uzerli is a Turkish-German actress and model who rose to acclaim by playing the role of Hürrem Sultan in the historical fiction television series Muhteşem Yüzyıl, a role that won her several accolades. In addition to that, she has also been cast in a variety of other shows and movies which include the likes of LUME, Menage A Trois, Jetzt vorbei, Das total verrückte Wochenende, Ein Fall für zwei, Wiedergeburt, Lauf um deine Liebe, Ein total verrücktes Wochenende, The Line, Schulterblick, Sterne über dem Eis, Hayat, Kovan, Journey of No Return, WALF: We All Love Football, Das ist ja das Leben selbst, The Dark Chest of Wonders, Urbane Dater, Eşkiya Dünyaya Hükümdar Olmaz, Lover’s Guide, Jetzt aber Ballett, Der Staatsanwalt, Annemin Yarası, Cingöz Recai, Öteki Taraf, Notruf Hafenkante, Inga Lindström: Hannas Fest, and Gecenin Kraliçesi.
Meryem Sarah Uzerli
Kassel, Hesse, Germany
Meryem Uzerli attended the Freie Waldorf School in her hometown Kassel.
After the completion of her academic studies, she learned acting at the Schauspiel Studio Frese in Hamburg from 2000 to 2003.
- Father – Hüseyin Uzerli
- Mother – Ursula Uzerli (Actress)
- Siblings – Danny Uzerli (Older Step Brother), Christopher Uzerli (Older Step Brother), Canan Uzerli (Older Sister)
Lyons Consulting Management Worldwide has represented Meryem Uzerli.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Meryem Uzerli has dated –
- Can Ateş (2012-2013) – In 2012, Meryem Urzreli was RUMORed to have gotten engaged to the Turkish playboy Can Ateş. However, about a year later, their relationship was over due to Can’s wandering habits. While holidaying in Bodrum, Meryem found out that Can was sleeping around her back and the holiday ended in a big fight and Meryem returned to her family in Germany. After finding out that she was pregnant, Can even tried to patch things up and beg for forgiveness. However, Meryem decided to leave for good and welcomed a girl, Lara Jemine in February 2014.
- Alp Özcan (2016) – Meryem started dating businessman Alp Özcan in 2016. Later, Alp reportedly proposed to Meryem. However, she thought it was too soon and decided to turn it down. By the 2016 end, the duo had reportedly broken up as Özcan was seen leaving a trendy Istanbul nightclub with an unidentified blonde woman.
- Çağlar Ertuğrul – She has been romantically involved with actor Çağlar Ertuğrul in the past.
- Bassel Alzaro – Reportedly, she has dated Bassel Alzaro.
Note – She gave birth to her 2nd child, a daughter, on January 8, 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Meryem is of Turkish descent on her father’s side, while her mother is of German descent.
- Beautiful smile
- Sparkling blue eyes
36-26-35 in or 91.5-66-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
Meryem Uzerli has had a lucrative endorsement deal with the Turkish beauty brand, Elidor in 2015.
In 2014, she modeled in the print ads for Louis Vuitton which was published in Elle Magazine Turkey.
Best Known For
Playing the role of Hürrem Sultan in the Turkish TV series Muhteşem Yüzyıl from 2011 to 2013. This role won her many awards including the 24th Tüketici Academy Award, Silver Horse Award, TV Stars Award, 38th Golden Butterfly Award, TV Oscars, 2nd AyakliGazete.com Award, 39th Golden Butterfly Award, Golden MDG Award, Magazinci.com Honorary Award, Magazine Journalists Association: Golden Objective Award, Radikal Award, Andy-Ar Award, 20th İtü Emös Achievement Award, Turkish Antalya Television Award, 4th AyakliGazete.com Award, and Crystal Mouse Award.
Meryem made her film debut in the 2008 short film Menage A Trois for her role as Madeline.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut in Ein total verrücktes Wochenende in 2008.
Meryem Uzerli Favorite Things
- Director – Roberto Benigni, Ferzan Ozpetek, Fatih Akin, Yilmaz Erdogan, Roland Emmerich, Quentin Tarantino
Source – Variety
Meryem Uzerli Facts
- Meryem has done modeling work for leading magazines such as Elle, Marie Claire, and InStyle.
- She received the Turkey GQ Award for “Woman of the Year” in 2012.
- In 2014, she was invited by a rich family in the Middle East to attend the function and was offered 500,000 Euros to have dinner with them.
- In 2013, Meryem was embroiled in a controversy when Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan blasted her show Muhteşem Yüzyıl for being against Ottoman traditions.
- In 2014, she accepted a dinner invitation from the Middle East on the condition that the money paid for her appearance should be donated to three child charities in Turkey.
- The Turkish edition of GQ magazine declared her the woman of the year in 2012.
- She played the role of Ayşe in the 2020 film Kovan and this role won her the award for “Best International Actress” at the Cana Dorada Film Festival and for “Best Actress” at the Chelsea Film Festival.