|Molly Parker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 30, 1972|
Molly Parker is a Canadian actress known for portraying various important roles in popular TV shows and films like House of Cards, Dexter, and Lost in Space. She has also taken training in ballet and has worked in various theatre productions. She has a mild social media fan base with more than 10k followers on Twitter.
Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Molly Parker honed her acting skills and stage skills at the Gastown Actors’ Studio in Vancouver.
- Father – He owned a retail seafood store.
- Siblings – Henry Parker (Younger Brother)
Molly Parker is represented by Vancouver-based Red Management.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Molly Parker has dated –
- Matt Bissonnette (2002-2012) – Molly Parker got married to producer and director Matt Bissonnette in 2002. In October 2006, she gave birth to their son, William Strummer Bissonette. In 2012, they decided to end their marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’, ‘black’ or ‘dark brown’.
Blue with a hint of green
- Freckled face
- Blue-Green eyes
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of House Majority Whip Jacqueline Sharp on the Netflix political drama series, House of Cards.
- Having played the role of Lisa Marshall in a few episodes of the popular crime thriller TV series, Dexter.
- Being cast in the lead role of Maureen Robinson in the Netflix sci-fi drama series, Lost in Space.
In 1995, she made her theatrical movie debut as a nurse in Last of the Dogmen.
First TV Show
In 1991, Molly Parker made her first TV show appearance in the Parent’s Day episode of the drama TV series, Neon Rider.
Molly Parker Facts
- She started taking ballet dance classes at the age of 3. She took these classes till she reached the age of 17. Molly has spent 3 years with Royal Winnipeg Ballet.
- At the age of 14, she started working in the local theatre productions.
- Before she started taking classes at the Gastown Actors’ Studio, she had appeared in a number of Canadian TV shows. She had found work through her uncle’s agent.
- She got her first big breakthrough in a critically acclaimed role in the Independent drama movie, The Center of the World.
- Follow her on Twitter.
Featured Image by Gordon Correll / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0