|Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey Quick Info
|5 ft 7¼ in
|Date of Birth
|May 26, 1986
Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey is a French-Spaniard actress and model. She is popular for her role of the mermaid Syrena in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and Suzanne in The Sea Wall. Astrid was born to a Catalan father and a French mother. She has two younger sisters. Astrid Berges’s parents got divorced when she was 2 years old. Later, she moved to France at the age of 5. Astrid Berges started her acting career on French television in 2007.
She has completed graduation in osteopathy in Paris. Later, she joined a drama school.
- Siblings – She has 2 younger sisters.
- Others – Thomas Linton Frisbey (Maternal Grandfather), Astrid Duboucheron (Maternal Grandmother)
Her management agencies are –
- A.C.T.1 (Talent Agency) (FR)
- Untitled Entertainment (USA)
5 ft 7¼ in or 171 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Astrid has dated –
- Pierre Perrier (2015-Present) – In 2015, Astrid started dating actor and director, Pierre Perrier.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and White)
She has Spanish ancestry on her father’s side and she is of English and French descent on her mother’s side.
She has served as a brand ambassador for Chanel, a French company.
Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey Facts
- She can converse in Catalan, Spanish and French languages.
- She spent 5 years working as a waitress in the Dominican Republic.
- While shooting for the film Hawaii, she was supposed to maintain her skin pale. So, she was restricted from going out in the daylight.
- In her school days, she acted in plays as a hobby. She never saw acting as a possible career as the rural area where she stayed made her feel that acting is something abstract and not a profession.
- Astrid always cares for her skin a lot. She also feels that makeup doesn’t look as beautiful as the original skin texture.
- She considers her brand endorsement company – Chanel as a part of her life.
- One of Astrid’s favorite item is an old jacket, that her mother used to wear as a uniform while working.
- Astrid was personally chosen for her debut English language film Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011) by Rob Marshall and producer Jerry Bruckheimer.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0