|Perez Hilton Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 23, 1978|
Perez Hilton is an American blogger who gained global influence by blogging about popular celebrities. His online platforms now also cover fashion, fitness, and animal rights.
Mario Armando Lavandeira Jr.
Miami, Florida, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- New York City, New York, United States
Mario studied in Belen Jesuit Preparatory Boys School and graduated in 1996. He later earned a scholarship to New York University and acquired his Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts (Drama) from The Tisch School of the Arts in May 2000.
Blogger, TV Personality, Author, Podcast Host, YouTuber, Actor
- Father – Mario Lavandeira (Wallpaper Company Owner) (Expired at age 51 due to a brain aneurysm)
- Mother – Teresita Francisca San Roman
- Siblings – Barbara Lavandeira (Younger sister)
- Others – Ramon V. Lavandeira (Paternal Grandfather), Emilia Torrijo (Paternal Grandmother), Felipe S. San Roman (Maternal Grandfather)
He is represented by Untitled Entertainment.
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Perez admitted in February 2018 that his last relationship was from 2010 to 2011.
- He is a father to 3 children via surrogacy – a son named Mario Armando Lavandeira III (b. February 2013) and 2 daughters named Mia Alma Lavandeira (b. May 2015) and Mayte Amor (b. October 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Cuban, Spanish, and Galician ancestry.
He frequently dyes his hair in other colors.
- Speaks in a deliberate drawl
- Frequently changing physical appearances such as hair color and dressing style
Perez Hilton’s Favorite Things
- Fitness Idols – David Beckham, Zac Efron
- Guilty Pleasure – Cheesy Europop
- Musical Artist – Madonna
- Life Quotes – “If it doesn’t kill you, it will make you stronger,” “It’s not happening to you, it’s happening for you.”
Source – Shape, The Guardian, Authority Magazine
Perez Hilton’s Facts
- He is a self-proclaimed workaholic who claims to work 16-17 hours a day and survives on 4.5 hours of sleep each night ever since he became a father.
- His blog was initially called “PageSixSixSix.com”. Mario renamed it to “PerezHilton.com” in 2007. He thought of his professional name while partying with his friends in South Beach, Miami, waiting for Paris Hilton’s appearance at an event where she did not turn up.
- After his graduation, for almost 4 years, Mario struggled to find work as an actor. Meanwhile, he paid his bills by working as a freelance writer for gay publications. He also served as a media relations assistant for GLAAD organization, took up a job as a receptionist for NYC gay events club, Urban Outings, and briefly served as the managing editor of Instincts magazine.
- In 2004, Mario started blogging as a hobby to fulfill his perpetual interest in writing and talking about celebrities. His site gained a massive audience in 6 months.
- In 2004, Mario participated in a VH1 weight-loss reality show, Flab to Fab, where he lost 20 kg or 45 lbs in 3 months, thereby reducing his weight from 93 kg (206 lbs) to 73 kg (160 lbs).
- In 2005, Perez Hilton was sued by Colin Farrell for posting a link to his s*x-tape with then-girlfriend, Nicole Narain.
- Mario was sued by several companies, artists, agencies, and photographers for copyright infringement in 2007. He settled most of those cases out of court. In the same year, he inaccurately reported Cuban President, Fidel Castro’s death and regrets that as one of his biggest errors in reporting skills.
- During the early years of his blog, Perez Hilton is held responsible for outing several gay celebrities, including NSYNC member, Lance Bass, and actor, Neil Patrick Harris.
- Mario was a judge on the panel of Miss USA 2009 and was criticized for condemning Miss California for her beliefs against same-s*x marriage.
- In 2015, he played the lead role of Danny Tanner in Full House! The Musical, an off-Broadway theatrical production that ran for almost 3 months. It was a satire on the popular 90s sitcom of the same name.
- Perez published 2 books on celebrity culture in 2009 and released a children’s book called The Boy with Pink Hair in September 2011, which was inspired by his childhood.
- On December 12, 2020, he released a nine-part video series on his 2nd TikTok account and announced that his main account had been permanently banned. Later, on December 17, 2020, he announced that Facebook had also banned him from commenting and posting after he had posted a link to an article from a popular adult entertainment website.
- In August 2021, he launched his company My True 10, which contains CBD gummies.
Featured Image by Gamerscore Blog / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0