|Kate Walsh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 1967|
Kate Walsh is an American actress, producer, voice artist, model, businessperson, and activist who is known for playing Dr. Addison Montgomery in the ABC medical drama series Grey’s Anatomy, Olivia Baker in the Netflix teen drama series 13 Reasons Why, Rebecca Wright in the television legal sitcom Bad Judge, The Handler in the time travel superhero series The Umbrella Academy, Madeline Wheeler in the Netflix comedy-drama series Emily in Paris, Carol Nelson in the HBO series The Mind of the Married Man, and Gina Hess in the black comedy crime drama series Fargo. Moreover, Kate Walsh has also been cast in a variety of films including The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Under the Tuscan Sun, Inside Out, Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House, Reality High, The Family Man, Staten Island Summer, After the Sunset, Bewitched, Scary Movie 5, Just Before I Go, and Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie.
Kathleen Erin Walsh
Katie, Katie Kat, K-Town
San Jose, California, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Kate received her early education at Catalina Magnet High School. She attended this school for 3 years.
Post that, she graduated from Rincon High School and then moved on to pursue acting.
Her acting education was from the University of Arizona and Piven Theatre Workshop, Chicago.
Model, Actress, Producer, Voice Artist, Businessperson, Sociopolitical Activist
- Father – Joseph P Walsh
- Mother – Angela C Bochetto
- Siblings – Sean Walsh (Brother) (Film Director), Joe Walsh (Brother) (Film Director)
- Others – Francis Joseph “Frank” Bochetto (Maternal Grandfather), Concetta Carmona (Maternal Grandmother)
Kate Walsh has been repped by –
- ICM Partners
- United Agents Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Her net worth has been $20 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kate Walsh has dated –
- Alex Young (2006-2008) – Alex Young, the 20th Century Fox Executive, announced his relationship with Kate during the time when they together attended a Barack Obama fundraiser in Los Angeles at which Young was a host. Kate and Alex got married in September 2007 in Ojai, California. After remaining together for 15 months as a married couple, Alex applied for divorce on December 11, 2008. By February 2010, they were legally separated.
- Neil Andrea (2009-2011) – The couple dated between 2009 and 2011, and the industry sources and her fans were happy that she had moved on from her divorce. What started with a rumor was confirmed as a relationship by Kate and Neil when they were seen kissing, holding hands, and strolling the streets of Los Angeles.
- Chris Case (2011-2015) – Kate started dating writer-producer beau Chris Case in 2011. The two dated for 4 years before splitting on an amicable note in 2015 saying that the breakup happened because they were in a different place in life at that time.
- Trevor Davis (2016-2017) – Kate then dated actor-producer Trevor Davis who is 15 years younger than her. They broke up in 2017 for Kate wanted a baby and Trevor was not ready.
- Andrew Nixon (2020-Present) – Kate first met Andrew Nixon on a cruise and the couple started dating in early 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Kate has Irish ancestry on her father’s side while she has Italian roots on her mom’s side.
Her natural hair color is ‘mousy ash-brown’.
Her wide smile, and cheerful demeanor
- She was Cadillac 2008 CTS brand ambassador between 2007 and 2008.
- In 2010, she launched her own perfume, Boyfriend, which was followed up with more products from the brand line. In 2012, Kate launched another perfume, Billionaire Boyfriend, which also became massively popular.
- In August 2014, she appeared in a TV commercial for Garnier’s dark spot remover. Post which, she became known as the cover model for the brand.
- She has served as the spokesperson for a body wash Caress’ Exotic Oil Infusions.
- She was seen in a TV ad for health services organization Cigna in 2017.
- Kate was also a part of the National Geographic campaign for big cats.
Best Known For
- Her role of Nicki Fifer on The Drew Carey Show, where she played the romantic alliance of Drew Carey from 1997 to 2001
- Her role as Dr. Montgomery in the show Grey’s Anatomy from 2005 to 2012
- Being a part of the internationally acclaimed television series, 13 Reasons Why, which proved to be a rage among the millennial generation
- Her role in the movie, The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012), which is an adaptation of the acclaimed book by the same name
Her first theatrical film appearance was in the crime drama Normal Life, which is also a beautiful love story in 1996.
First TV Show
She had a single episode appearance on NBC police procedural series Homicide: Life on the Street in 1996.
Kate’s workout routine includes yoga and pilates.
She has tried every possible diet including the cabbage soup diet.
Kate Walsh Favorite Things
- Food – Creamed spinach with sautéed garlic, cheese, and truffle oil
- Actor – Gregory Peck
- Shoes – Rene Caovilla “Berlin” Heels
- Makeup Accessory – Clarisonic skin brush
- Animal – Cat
- Drink – Red Wine
Kate Walsh Facts
- Kate worked as a waitress before becoming famous as an actress.
- She is a major animal lover with two dogs (One of the dogs is named Rosie) and two cats named, Billy and Pablo.
- She has also been a part of an initiative for dog adoption. Her website talks about saving elephants, wildlife that is at a risk, and saving wildlife destinations.
- Kate survived a brain tumor which was diagnosed in 2015. She is bold enough to quote that she sees a silver lining in her illness.
- Walsh was ranked #52 on the “Hot 100 list” of hottest women in 2007 by Maxim.
- Kate was a part of the campaign to support US President Barack Obama.
- She worked at Burger King and Dairy Queen before she started her modeling career in Japan in the 1980s where she also taught English.
- Kate has played many bold roles such as that of a lesbian in Angels Crest (2011), and of a transsexual in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in 2004.
- Alongside Omar Epps, Miranda Cosgrove, and Angus Macfadyen, she co-starred as Jackie Miller in the 2019 science fiction film 3022.
- In 2019, she started appearing as The Handler (the head of the Commission and Five’s former boss) in the time travel superhero streaming television series The Umbrella Academy. Kate’s co-stars for the project include Elliot Page, Tom Hopper, David Castañeda, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Robert Sheehan, Aidan Gallagher, Mary J. Blige, and others.
- Kate is a coffee addict and says she loves her morning cuppa and the smell of coffee in the morning.
- In 2020, she started playing the recurring role of Madeline Wheeler (Emily’s boss in Chicago) in the Netflix comedy-drama series Emily in Paris.
Featured Image by Samhsa / Flickr / Public Domain