|David Castañeda Quick Info
|5 ft 11¼ in
|Date of Birth
|October 24, 1989
David Castañeda is a Mexican-American actor who was born in America but was raised in Mexico. He relocated to America for his education. That is when he decided to be an actor. David starred in many small roles in movies and television until he landed with his best role and big break, the role of Diego Hargreeves or Number 2, in the Netflix science fiction, The Umbrella Academy in 2019. The show gained a lot of popularity amongst the pop-culture fanatics. His role as Diego also received a lot of appreciation. David is active on Instagram with more than 700k followers.
Los Angeles, California, United States
California, United States
David initially studied civil engineering with the intention to take over the family business. Later, he switched his majors to film production and international business at California State University, Fullerton. He studied there from 2007 while he was also auditioning as an actor. Eventually, while working, he finished his education in 2015.
David Castañeda is represented by –
- Don Buchwald and Associates
- Colin Stark
5 ft 11¼ in or 181 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David has dated –
- Ritu Arya (2020)
Race / Ethnicity
Diego has Mexican ancestry.
Best Known For
Playing the role of Diego Hargreeves in The Umbrella Academy
In 2009, David made his feature film debut in Drive-By Chronicles: Sidewayz by playing the character of Saul.
First TV Show
In April 2009, he made his first TV show appearance in the Sally in the Alley episode of the crime-drama series Southland as ‘Tough Kid’.
David Castañeda Facts
- David’s character Diego in Umbrella Academy is a knife throwing expert, while, in real life, David claims that he can’t even throw darts.
- He became very famous amongst Umbrella Academy fans as he has some really nice dance moves which he showcased and were circulated around the release of the show.
- David was raised in Sinaloa, Mexico but he returned to California, United States when he was 14 years old.
- David has played many small roles on television like Southland, Switched at Birth, and Jane The Virgin.
- He has appeared in movies like End of Watch, Freaks of Nature, and El Chicano.
- David has been acting since he was 17 years old. However, he only started taking it seriously after a director at his university asked all the students to play a role in a seminar.
- He played the main character in the short film Maddoggin’ which won the Audience’s Choice NBC Universal Short Cut Film Festival Award.
- Follow David on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Cameron Britton / Instagram